Early Coaching
Started by OceanPanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
OceanPanther

106 posts 11 threads Joined: Mar 2020
09-22-2020, 07:02 AM -
We are a team that has many young players.  We know we're rebuilding. Many of these young players won't be on the team in 3-4 yrs.

Coaching..  2 games in .    What are your thoughts ?

I see a couple of things that bother me.   The infamous 4th and 1 and we ran a fullback dive .  We'd run that play earlier and it barely picked up a yard.   The second was the fake punt from the 35 this past Sunday.   At the 35 in the NFL ,  you aren't going to full NFL players.  Either you go for the long field goal,  or you run a play to try to pick up the 1st down. 
We've not blitzed this season and we also have no sacks.  But at some time we need to change it up. 

Rhule is going to be here for a while.  He's got a very long leash.  I also think he's smart.  
I hope he learns on the fly.. The NFL is a lot different that college. 

Gonna be a long year.  We will win games.   I have not learned to root for a loss and tanking.
Jimbo-Diddly

7 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2020
09-22-2020, 11:50 AM -
Yeah some of the playcalling decisions haven't been exactly inspiring, but hopefully its a matter of getting these kinds of mistakes out of the way early enough to where its not causing us to miss the playoffs or get a certain seed. I'm just glad that the Brady/Rhule system isn't something gimmicky like Chip Kelly that gets exposed at some point. I'm still hopeful for these 2.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-22-2020, 12:30 PM -
Looks very collegiate... but what did one expect.
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-23-2020, 09:58 AM -
I don't have a problem with the 4th and fullback call. I think they were setting the stage so everyone couldn't assume it would always go to CMC in that situation. It backfired, so it now HAS to go to him for a while, but I liked the way they handled that in game two tossing it to him instead of up the middle.

OP, I agree about not fooling NFL players. I think the fake punt was a direct result of coaches coming up from college. It was correct to go for it, but just go for it.