Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-06-2020, 08:51 AM -
Sorry I haven't been on here for a bit, just trying to handle real life things going on around me at the time.

I watched the past two games and am happy to see improvement all around. 

Teddy Bridgewater is thoroughly impressing me with his poise, skill, and maturity.  Even after having thrown an interception on Sunday, he came right back out throwing the ball downfield. 

I cannot say enough about his arm and those rockets he throws, but the one thing that impresses me more than anything else is how he spreads the ball around, and how he does his checkdowns in a matter of split seconds rather than staring at one receiver and waiting for him to get open.

RB Mike Davis - I am SO glad to see this kid getting some playing time and showing his skills.  Y'all know I am a South Carolina Gamecocks fan, and that I watched Mike play at South Carolina.  I knew his skills, but it taking so long to have the opportunity to show them shows how thin the margin of opportunity is in the NFL.

To have played the first three games "by himself" basically, Derrick Brown has impressed me.  That being said, I was glad to see KK back this week.

Robby Anderson reminds me of another Ted Ginn Jr, and glad to see him on the team (with a quarterback who doesn't throw the ball ten feet over your head).

Not sure what to make of Joey Slye.  He makes all kinds of kicks and then misses one when you least expect it.  Goes back to the old "Atta Boy" adage;  stuff like that is what ends a kicker's career early, no matter how many you actually make.

Looking forward to taking it to Atlanta this week and seeing how we fare against another NFC South Rival not named Tom Brady's Team.   Huh

Mike Davis @ South Carolina Highlights.  He always reminded me of another #28 on the Panthers' team.

This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 09:13 AM by PantherFan007.
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-06-2020, 05:09 PM -
Yeah, we haven't done half bad with players named Davis.
PantherFan007
Administrator

10-06-2020, 06:51 PM -
(10-06-2020, 05:09 PM)coffee Wrote: Yeah, we haven't done half bad with players named Davis.

Ain't that the truth?  Fblaugh Worship
PantherFan007
Administrator

10-06-2020, 06:55 PM -
And, you know what else? Mike Davis has a mean stiff-arm very similar to Jonathan Stewart. I hated when Mike got drafted that he was hid on Special Teams, etc., because I knew what a solid running back he was.

He just need to be HERE, where we "Run First", to showcase his skills.
This post was last modified: 10-06-2020, 06:56 PM by PantherFan007.