With Joe Brady Gone, is Matt Rhule Next? (Panthers Wire Article)
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-08-2021, 08:28 PM -
Good question, and one a LOT of people have been wondering.

Just about out of nowhere on Sunday afternoon, the Carolina Panthers parted ways with offensive coordinator Joe Brady. But is Brady only an outlier or is he actually the first domino to fall in this underwhelming regime?

Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio, on the Monday episode of Pro Football Talk Live with Mike Florio, suggested the latter. He cited a brief conversation he had with a knowledgable league source, who believes Brady’s firing could very well be an opening salvo to the staff.

“I got in touch with somebody very much in the know in the NFL. Finger on the pulse of everything,” Florio said. “And I was like ‘Wow, can you believe this Joe Brady thing?’ And the response was three words—’head coach next.'”

Whether that source is professional wrestler Bill Goldberg, they seem to be implying that Panthers head coach Matt Rhule is sitting on a scorching hot seat at the moment. And why wouldn’t he be?

Carolina has gone a combined 10-18 over Rhule’s two campaigns. He’s also made a handful of detrimental decisions at the quarterback position—including releasing Cam Newton, signing (and shipping away) Teddy Bridgewater, trading for Sam Darnold and passing up on both Justin Fields and Mac Jones.

Florio also noted the cutthroat business nature of owner David Tepper, a man that may be growing thin on patience.

“So keep an eye on what happens in Carolina with Matt Rhule,” he added. “Despite all the money they paid him coming in and the fact that they’ve had some highs— more lows than highs—David Tepper, the owner of that team, is going to be very impatient.”

Tick, tock.

Is Matt Rhule 'next' to go from Panthers? (msn.com)
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,194 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-09-2021, 12:13 AM -
I think he gets another year. He’s almost fixed the d, can he fix the o?
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-09-2021, 11:09 AM -
Yeah, its crap like this article that makes these "analysts" so hard to stomach.. They don't KNOW anything, Just want to spout off to hear themselves talk. They can go a whole season slinging crap like this and not even come close to reality. Then let them stumble and get ONE guess right and the whole world thinks they're God's gift to prognosticators.!!

Look... I don't know what's coming. Never said I did. But I remember CLEARLY what Tepper said when he announced that Rhule was coming to Charlotte. Something along the lines of..... "..This is a PROCESS... It won't happen overnight... I'm behind Coach Rhule all the way... blah, blah, blah..." Sure, David Tepper is still pretty much an unknown. But he is NOT afraid to make decisions or changes--that much we know. I think Tepper expects to see progress....We'll see how much patience he has as this "process" unwinds.

Given the nature of the past two seasons.... Covid protocols, no camp, lowered cap, etc, etc... This has definitely not been an easy route into NFL coaching. I think Tepper understands this. Rhule deserves a chance to get his feet under him. This year is really just the first opportunity to see how this is going to sort out. Last year was a lost cause...a complete experiment. I FEEL CERTAIN THAT RHULE GETS AT LEAST ONE MORE YEAR, MAYBE TWO MORE. ...... BUT, remember... Tepper expects to see progress. THAT is the one thing that adds to the list of unknowns here and adds to the 'fog' of uncertainty.. Could Tepper fold up this 'house of cards' (maybe..??). Could happen I guess....

But, I don't think so........... OTOH, what do I know.??
Josh21
Posting Freak

12-09-2021, 10:59 PM -
We will see. I’m guessing the 5 games remaining are a test. I think if we hit 7-8 wins that’s a win. 5 loses though…. I think we can win a couple.
Josh21
Posting Freak

12-10-2021, 12:02 AM -
Tepper was up for a rebuild. I’d give it 3 years.
Winning 1-3 more games than last year would b a start.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
12-10-2021, 12:26 PM -
(12-10-2021, 12:02 AM)Josh21 Wrote: Tepper was up for a rebuild.  I’d give it 3 years.
Winning 1-3 more games than last year would b a start.

Yeah...I think we will win some more. I have to admit though, the next five games are going to be tough. It's a long tough stretch with the Bills in there along with four games in our division. The two against the Bucs will be a test for sure. We've already beaten the Saints and the Falcons once. To sweep either one of them would be a surprise.  So, I could see us losing all five if we lose to the Bills and the Falcons.  OTOH, if we beat the Falcons again and show well against the Bills, we could win out the rest of the way. 

It's a tough ask against the Bucs (twice..) and the Bills. That leaves only two other games against the Falcons and the Saints. We CAN beat both of them, but that would mean sweeping both teams.  Almost unheard of....
This post was last modified: 12-11-2021, 11:36 AM by Hobbit99.
Josh21
Posting Freak

12-16-2021, 12:58 AM -
From the revamped d to the o missing o-line n qb I think he’s doing what he can so far. Gotta shore up ol, (esp lt). Also g’s n c. We got a rt, that’s it. Ol n qb are our needs. Also lb, dt, te..

He deserves another year. Even if we lose our last 4. Rebuilds take time. At least 3-4 years. If next year is not better record wise we could cut bait. Give the man a chance. 3 years seems right. Mostly fixed the d. Except run. Fixing the o line will help the qb/rbs. Let the process play out. 1 more year.
This post was last modified: 12-16-2021, 01:27 AM by Josh21.