Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-31-2022, 04:58 PM -
The Official announcement has been made. The Panthers have selected James Campen for their new O-Line Coach. Campen, to be teamed up with new Offensive Coordinator, Ben McAdoo, brings a lot of NFL coaching experience with him. He has fifteen years with the GB Packers where he was their O-Line Coach and a compatriot of our new OC, Ben McAdoo, while there. The last several years has been with the Browns, Chargers, and Texans where he was also the O-Line Coach. Lots of experience will make his transition to the Panthers a lot easier. This, along with his experience alongside McAdoo, makes this choice seem like a good one.

Panthers Official Announcement: O-Line Coach Hire--James Campen

Panthers Wire:  Panthers Wire--New O-Line Coach Announcement
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-01-2022, 12:26 AM -
Hopefully they can work together n protect the qb.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-01-2022, 12:03 PM -
James Campen is a well respected coach around the league…. Rodgers and Favre loved him as a player/coach
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

02-01-2022, 01:06 PM -
(02-01-2022, 12:03 PM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: James Campen is a well respected coach around the league…. Rodgers and Favre loved him as a player/coach

I agree... He has a lot of experience, and has generated a lot of good will around the league. Well liked and well respected.
I am glad we got him. He might be able to lend some credence to an otherwise suspect OC.  I'm NOT saying that McAdoo is bad. Just that he has had a few "suspect" moments and left NY under less than ideal conditions.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-01-2022, 03:46 PM -
I’m with you there. He is definitely not who I’d pick coming in, after the mess in NY. His offense in NY was rather boring.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-01-2022, 10:54 PM -
Just get the o-line up to middle of the league, n we will do ok! Decide on BC’s position. Either way u need another (couple) guys. Then need at 6! Fa will also change things. BC’s line placement might help the ol chart. Lt, or g?
This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 10:58 PM by Josh21.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

02-02-2022, 02:10 PM -
(02-01-2022, 10:54 PM)Josh21 Wrote: Just get the o-line up to middle of the league, n we will do ok!  Decide on BC’s position.  Either way u need another (couple) guys.  Then need at 6!  Fa will also change things.  BC’s line placement might help the ol chart.  Lt, or g?

You're right bro..  I think Brady C can be effective at several positions. If we can find a GOOD LT (that's a BIG IF..) then BC could play inside. Otherwise let him play Tackle. He did pretty good out there. I'm ready to let him have a go at it for a few games. You know, three, four, maybe five games. Let's see what we have with Brady. If we don't pick up a known good LT in FA, then decide what we get in the draft. Very, VERY few LTs are ready to be 1st team starters their rookie year.!!!  So much of what happens next year will depend on what happens in FA and/or trades as well as how our existing guys develop. I'm talking specifically about Deonte Brown. He's big and tough. From Alabama, he knows how to play the line. This year SHOULD tell us if he is going to "make it" in the NFL,... be a starter on the inside.

Right now I'm more interested in FA and what the Panthers do as far as trading. THAT could make the difference this year.!! THEN, maybe trade back (BUT not too far..) and pick up a second, third..?? Who knows maybe several.  Everything in the draft depends on who is where on the Panthers big board. It's not so much about what the media thinks (the prognosticators, 'guessers'..). It's ALL about what the PANTHERS think.!!

I really like this time of year. Everything hangs in the balance...