"The Bad" about this year's Draft (Panthers only)
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-28-2022, 01:30 PM -
Not sure everyone is aware, as I haven't heard it mentioned much, but this year we had better hit it out of the park.

We only have picks in Round 1, Round 4, Round 5 (two picks) and Round 6.

So, speculation?

Should we expect some trades for current players?  Yes, the talk will eventually turn to CMC, mark my word.  I'm not so much against it now as I was last year, considering he hasn't done much the past three seasons due to early injuries.

Or, might we see some trades during the Draft (which I would fully expect)?

If we pick at #6, we'd better get it right.   Otherwise trade back and pick up more picks in rounds 2 or 3.  "IF" trading back, it would make more sense to grab a QB later in the first round, as the OTs will probably be gone by then and picking a QB at that point would be more fitting as to where they would deserve being picked.

Thoughts on having on five picks in this Draft?
This post was last modified: 02-28-2022, 01:31 PM by PantherFan007.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,763 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-28-2022, 09:41 PM -
Yeah... We talked some about this in your earlier thread "My First Round Choice..", where you were supporting Kenny Pickett in the 1st round. I said it then and I'll reiterate here..... There is NO QB in this year's draft worth a #6 pick. There is really no QB worth a top ten. And yes.... We have a dearth of picks right now. Knowing Scott Fitterer and the way he looks at things (historically..), I would not be surprised to see some movement of some kind. What exactly..???  That's hard to say.

I really expect us to move back at least once or twice in the 1st to pick up round two and three picks. Where we end up is anyone's guess. I think there is enough talent in the 1st to get us GOOD help at a later spot. Maybe around 20-25...???  Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade someone established for picks.  I just don't think it's gonna be McCaffrey.  ALTHOUGH.... Fitterer has said that he will LISTEN to any offer. But you can bet it would have to be a GREAT BIG offer.!!

I would find it tough to support any trade for McCaffrey for several reasons. Which we could talk about ...... sometime (maybe..??).