2022 DRAFT--ITS TIME...
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

31 posts in this topic
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-01-2022, 04:27 PM -
I really liked the value we got in Mays followed by Smith, in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong Ekwonu was probably the best left tackles especially when it comes to the power running game, which we are not, but still developing into be a dominant blindside pass blocker… which we need the most. I belief TODAY that there was a couple guys better in that area than him…. Again, he can still develop. I’ll leave the door and my mind over for Corral, I’m just not convinced he is the guy. And that doesn’t include his off the field challenges. Time will tell. Mays and Smith are steals those where we got them. Again time will tell.

Here is CBS’s take on our draft. Again, theirs not mine.

Where to start here? On the bright side, Ikem Ekwonu is a stud, although the pass-pro isn't perfect yet. I was confused by the back-to-back trade ups for Matt Corral -- although the value in a vacuum was solid -- and the athletic but slow-processing Brandon Smith, when this is a team starving for draft picks. Cade Mays is nasty and Kalon Barnes is more track star than star corner. Grade: C-
This post was last modified: 05-01-2022, 04:29 PM by Firstchance.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-01-2022, 08:35 PM -
(05-01-2022, 04:27 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I really liked the value we got in Mays followed by Smith, in my opinion. Don’t get me wrong  Ekwonu was probably the best left tackles especially when it comes to the power running game, which we are not, but still developing into be a dominant blindside pass blocker… which we need the most. I belief TODAY that there was a couple guys better in that area than him…. Again, he can still develop. I’ll leave the door and my mind over for Corral, I’m just not convinced he is the guy. And that doesn’t include his off the field challenges. Time will tell. Mays and Smith are steals those where we got them. Again time will tell.

Here is CBS’s take on our draft. Again, theirs not mine.

Grade: C-

I hear you, brother.....

The problem with these 'subjective' grades is there is no way to correlate objectively.  Hence what you get is a prognosticator with an "axe to grind" whose bias colors everything he says. This goes both ways of course...

AN EXAMPLE:

NFL.COM: A-
PFF: A
ESPN: B
WALTER FOOTBALL: A
WARREN SHARPE (Best Value..) Panthers #1
SPORTING NEWS: B+
WASHINGTON POST B 

Not sure that any of that means anything either...??