• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-27-2022, 07:21 PM -
Mayfield looks like a starter.   

Darnold didn't.

Shi Smith - He is starting to look here like he looked at South Carolina, and that's exciting, classmates ;)

Tommy Tremble - Good hands, strong, YAC.  And the guy is funny as hell.

Chuba Hubbard - slow start, looked sloppy as a receiver, lack of concentration?  Looked better as the game went on, but it took some time.

Sullivan looked like the veteran he is

Ricci looked solid.  Not bad for a Do-it-All TE/HB/RB/WR who made the 53 man roster last season after being signed as an undrafted free agent. 

Foreman is going to be a solid addition to the RB Room.

Can I say enough good things about Frankie Luvu?  #beastmode

Just a few thoughts, more to come.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-27-2022, 08:11 PM -
Using your format 007...

Defense looked solid. Improving. Lots of room for excitement. D-Line looking much improved.

Gross-Matos looked like he belonged out there.

Interior MUCH improved.  Ioannidis and Brown spent a lot of time on the OPFOR side of the ball. GOOD penetration. Lots to like.

Love me some Frankie Luvu.!!  He can play Middle LB too.!!

Jeremy Chinn continues to impress.

Sadly, still a few too many running plays got through. Need to polish up the gaps.

Red Zone/short yardage defense looked really solid.

Overall: *** Our defense can play with any team out there.***

MORE TO COME --- OFFENSE
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

08-28-2022, 11:22 AM -
OFFENSE... from Bills game.

Mayfield looked okay.... Not great, but okay.  Just keeping it real.

Darnold has to be the UNluckiest NFL player I have EVER watched.  In five years in the league (counting this year..), he has never, not even once, completed a season without missing time. Up until this year, Darnold has averaged 12 games per season. I suspect this year will be about the same....or maybe worse.  He's been hammered constantly.  In that light, I can understand his performance metrics.

Tremble is going to be a GOOD one.

Foreman looks like the veteran he is.

Ekwonu will be fine with some work and some time.  Needs to watch his hands. He gets a little too "grabby".  "Holding" is a real thing...

O-Line, in general, is MUCH improved.

WRs are going to be difficult to differentiate.  Hate to see some of them go...
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-28-2022, 01:15 PM -
What was that movie where Lindsay Lohan and Chris Pine kept passing their good/bad luck back-n-forth? Seems like PJ has all of Sam's good luck right now. He's not an NFL calibre QB in my opinion, yet he's undefeated and he's amazingly going into the year not just on the roster, but as the QB2.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

08-28-2022, 08:50 PM -
(08-28-2022, 01:15 PM)coffee Wrote: What was that movie where Lindsay Lohan and Chris Pine kept passing their good/bad luck back-n-forth?  Seems like PJ has all of Sam's good luck right now.  He's not an NFL calibre QB in my opinion, yet he's undefeated and he's amazingly going into the year not just on the roster, but as the QB2.

Gosh, you said a mouthful there, my friend.!!  PJ is NOT a true NFL QB. He's been around quite a while, and just keeps hanging on. He is sort of the definition of a backup's backup.  And yet, he seems to fall into a big ol' pile of s*it, and comes out smelling like roses. It doesn't seem to do anything for his skill set, but he's still hanging around.

Truthfully, Sam hasn't had any GOOD luck since he came into the league.  Trials and tribulations.  It'll make a man out of you, if it doesn't get you killed beforehand.  SMH... Cry
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-29-2022, 04:58 AM -
PJ just keeps hanging in there like a hair in a biscuit lol
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

08-29-2022, 08:51 PM -
SMH..!!

Nice use of simile, my friend (like a hair in a biscuit..) Reminds me of a little "game" we used to play back in college. We had an opportunity to 'demo' a metaphor or simile every day when class started. Lots of laughs. Some folks really got into the spirit of it. Keep your eyes open in one of the other forums here, the one named "Completely Off Topic". It'll be FUN.!!