QB3--MORE GRIST FOR THE MILL--PANTHERS ADDING JACOB EASON--(MAYBE..!!!)
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-31-2022, 11:52 PM -
Here's a little food for the rumor mill. There has been a report starting to circulate about another QB coming to Carolina.  I think so far it's only a rumor although some places are treating it as fact.  The rumor says that the Panthers are signing a QB3 by the name of Jacob Eason. I've seen it mentioned a couple of times.....both times quoting Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.  He could be right of course.  OR....maybe not.

In any event, I'm certain that the Panthers will make an announcement when the time is right, if it happens.  Eason was a 4th round pick by the Colts in 2020. He spent 2021 with Seattle and now (apparently..) will be joining the Panthers. He is expected to join the Panthers Practice Squad, if (when..) he gets here.  Eason is a BIG boy.  He stands 6'6" and weighs 231. Things will get interesting now.....

MSN Fan Nation:  Pelissero says: Panthers To Sign QB Eason

PANTHERS WIRE:  Panthers To Sign Eason To Practice Squad

So, there is plenty of smoke.....
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-01-2022, 03:29 PM -
It's now "official", I guess.  The Panthers have officially signed QB Jacob Eason to the Practice Squad. Eason is now listed on Panthers.com on the team "transactions" list.... Although the Panthers have not made a formal announcement....  Not really a big deal, I guess, so no big splashy announcement.

So now the Panthers have 5 QBs under contract. With Darnold and Corral on IR, that leaves Mayfield and Walker on the 'active' roster, and the new guy, Jacob Eason on the Practice Squad.

Eason is a  B I G  dude.!!  6'6" & 230+........ That is the stature of a NFL QB.!!!   Fbwow
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-02-2022, 04:59 AM -
— The Panthers brought in two more players to the practice squad Thursday before practice, adding quarterback Jacob Eason and wide receiver C.J. Saunders.