Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-18-2022, 04:38 PM -
Poor execution.

Defense, especially RUN defense, held up good.  One TD and four FGs. Good Red Zone Defense except for the Daniel Jones play. It was a "blown" play and Jones made something happen. He has the skills to do it.....and no fear.  Saquon Barkley held out. He was basically "no factor", except for the fact that the Panthers HAD to account for him. They did. Overall---Good, decent performance.

Offense was abysmal. I'm not sure about the play-calling either. No excuses allowed. Ekwonu is a rookie and it's early in the year, but he continues to get beat consistently on pass-pro. Something needs to change out there. Mayfield disappoints again. WAY too many missed throws. Poor receiver choices on the field. Indecisive. Took way too long to throw. Overthrows. Wide throws. Misses. Passes deflected and batted down.  Poor, poor, poor.

Special teams, disappointed a little. Fumbles....SMH.

Highlights.  Were there any.??  Yeah, a few. Frankie Luvu continues to make plays....lots of plays. Ioannidis can move the needle. REALLY NEW guy, Anderson, shows up again. Brian Burns two sacks and lots of pressure. McCaffrey is still one of the best.

Graham Gano.  Tell me again why we got rid of him.??

More thoughts later...
This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 04:48 PM by Hobbit99.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-18-2022, 05:09 PM -
First, I thought the Giants were well prepared, played hard and were well coached. They don’t have the talent, on the team they fielded today due to injuries, that we had. Yet they seem to have had a plan and stuck to it, making adjustments at halftime.

You all know my feelings toward Rhule, he just doesn’t belong in the NFL.

Ewonku simple needs to be benched… learn your skill in practice and then see the field. I guess there is hope there but he is HORRIBLE against the rush. I frankly don’t care if he is a rookie or a 10 year vet, if you can’t do your job you can’t be on the field. Baker I thought played better this week overall but was still not good…not to mention the drops, which might have rattled him some as well. I will watch again but did Higgins or Marshall even see the field? Our offense seemed rather vanilla to say the least.

Defense was admirable. Frankie showed up this week for sure. We did an overall good job of containing Barkley. I say admirable because that Giants offense grinder it out. Had a plan and stuck too it. They couldn’t extend the field with no Toney or Robinson but, they have a coach that understands what he has and uses it to the best of their abilities.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-18-2022, 06:30 PM -
Thought d played well, weakened after half. Understood. We are only playing 3 wr. WTF? Wr n. Cb rotate, running 40 yards two plays n a row? Also we have 7(!) wr on the roster. 1 on ir. Where is the help? On coaching.

Luvu is a stud!
This post was last modified: 09-18-2022, 06:35 PM by Josh21.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-19-2022, 06:49 AM -
Wow, did anyone realize that was the fifth consecutive game where the defense didn’t have a single take away? Also, two games in and we couldn’t put a stop at the end of the game against the Browns and then we allow that 10-11 yard game clinching run.

And once again I bring up Rhule. His analytics should have informed him that we should have went for the 4th and seven or whatever it was with 2:30ish left in the game.

On two final notes. CMC touched the ball 19 times he HAS to touch it a minimum of 25… and in closing, we look like a team that is uninspired…that is the most alarming. When you go in defeated you most often come out defeated.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-19-2022, 08:56 AM -
We are pitiful.  Seriously hard to watch.  The Defense did an adequate job, and Luvu & Burns lit it up.  Otherwise, we seriously suck a big ole greasy one. 

We lead the League in consecutive games lost.  How does that happen? 

I think Rhule is out of his element.  He is in wayyyy above his head.  And McAdoo isn't any better.

At quarterback, Baker isn't it.  He just isn't.  Have you EVER seen a quarterback with so many batted passes?  I haven't.    He had receivers all over the place, and yeah, I understand they have to catch the ball, but it has to be catchable before they can catch it.  He looked a little better knowing where his receivers were, but his passes were way off.

The O-Line still isn't doing a very good job at run protection OR pass protection. 

Overall, the offense stinks.
This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 08:59 AM by PantherFan007.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-19-2022, 10:14 AM -
(09-19-2022, 06:49 AM)Firstchance Wrote: Wow, did anyone realize that was the fifth consecutive game where the defense didn’t have a single take away? Also, two games in and we couldn’t put a stop at the end of the game against the Browns and then we allow that 10-11 yard game clinching run.

And once again I bring up Rhule. His analytics should have informed him that we should have went for the 4th and seven or whatever it was with 2:30ish left in the game.

On two final notes. CMC touched the ball 19 times he HAS to touch it a minimum of 25… and in closing, we look like a team that is uninspired…that is the most alarming. When you go in defeated you most often come out defeated.

I think you nailed most of it.  No takeaways, five games.....hard to believe. So we're seriously losing the turnover battle. That question is answered. That one run you mentioned was just that, one. The Defense was generally pretty good I think  Even if that run didn't happen, we were still in a terrible spot.

The 4th and 7 call will be debated all year probably. I'm sort of ambivalent about it. Just indicative of bigger problems that need to be solved.  AND your thoughts on CMC echo mine exactly. McCaffrey needs to get the ball 25 times per game. Maybe not 30.... but even that once in a while is not outrageous.  There are plenty of backs throughout the history of the NFL that carried the ball 30 times.....and here and now we're talking touches. Runs and passes. He can do it. Not ideal perhaps, but not terrible.

The soul of a team is inspiration. Weighed down with this current ignominious attitude, the only probable outcome IS defeat.  You are definitely correct.

OH....forgot to mention......You asked about Higgins and Marshall.  Marshall played a few snaps (6 I think..). Higgins didn't play.
This post was last modified: 09-19-2022, 10:20 AM by Hobbit99.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-20-2022, 11:35 PM -
Well, I watched the game for the third time (most of it, anyway..). It reinforced my first thoughts. I thought both Ioannidis and Anderson (New DE..) did a really good job. Those two along with Brian Burns and Frankie Luvu set the tone for the defense. The rest of the defense also played well.... especially Shaq and Woods.

The Offense stunk it up.  Except CMC.....

Special Teams ....WTH.??
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-21-2022, 08:02 AM -
"Not-so-Special Teams", did you mean?
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-21-2022, 08:48 AM -
(09-21-2022, 08:02 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: "Not-so-Special Teams", did you mean?

Fbthumb Fbmad Fbcry