Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-27-2023, 11:00 AM -
The talking heads are detailing why Frank Reich was the best and logical choice for Head Coach and to turn this team around.  He is the first Offensive Minded Head Coach this team has ever had.

But, in order to do that, they are saying, "The Panthers MUST move UP in the Draft and get the best quarterback possible"

Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-27-2023, 08:11 PM -
I of course have no idea what I taking about. But, I’m thinking Darnold actually resigns on like a two year 11-12 million $$ deal.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,759 posts 502 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-27-2023, 09:28 PM -
(01-27-2023, 08:11 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I of course have no idea what I taking about. But, I’m thinking Darnold actually resigns on like a two year 11-12 million $$ deal.

I'm thinking along those same lines. Probably two years, maybe three if there is an "easy out" in the contract. He would be a good "bridge" for rookie QBs.....especially because he knows the players.

But then, what do I know.??  The obvious answer is "NOTHING..".
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-28-2023, 11:16 AM -
(01-27-2023, 09:28 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(01-27-2023, 08:11 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I of course have no idea what I taking about. But, I’m thinking Darnold actually resigns on like a two year 11-12 million $$ deal.

I'm thinking along those same lines. Probably two years, maybe three if there is an "easy out" in the contract. He would be a good "bridge" for rookie QBs.....especially because he knows the players.

But then, what do I know.??  The obvious answer is "NOTHING..".

I’d like to see Darnold as a “bridge” honestly… we know what we get from him, and all he needs is a good coach to make him above average.  I don’t think he will ever be great, but he has the potential.  

Still want a star caliber QB though.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-28-2023, 05:50 PM -
I will throw this out there as well. Unlike the “experts” who think and most rank Bryce the top guy but I wouldn’t even draft him, I fear he will be a complete bust. Stroud is the second best QB in this draft and in my opinion, again, the only one worth a top ten pick. Levi’s I see a a middle of the pack starter one day but never a super star. Richardson could go either way but I simply think of Jamarcus Russell every time I see him.

Now, the best QB in this draft will more than likely be available in round 2. Hendon Hooker who tore an ACL is my guy. He probably won’t be “ready” to play next year but can gain so much valuable experience. Heck I can see us trading down, drafting Michael Mayer is the late twenties. And positioning our self to make a run a next years qb bunch. I feel that you have 3 top five guys in Maye, Penix and Williams… assuming of course they all come out. Just can’t be sure anymore with this NIL stuff going on.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-30-2023, 11:08 AM -
(01-28-2023, 05:50 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I will throw this out there as well. Unlike the “experts” who think and most rank Bryce the top guy but I wouldn’t even draft him, I fear he will be a complete bust. Stroud is the second best QB in this draft and in my opinion, again, the only one worth a top ten pick. Levi’s I see a a middle of the pack starter one day but never a super star. Richardson could go either way but I simply think of Jamarcus Russell every time I see him.

Now, the best QB in this draft will more than likely be available in round 2. Hendon Hooker who tore an ACL is my guy. He probably won’t be “ready” to play next year but can gain so much valuable experience. Heck I can see us trading down, drafting Michael Mayer is the late twenties.  And positioning our self to make a run a next years qb bunch. I feel that you have 3 top five guys in Maye, Penix and Williams… assuming of course they all come out. Just can’t be sure anymore with this NIL stuff going on.

I’m with you on Bryce Young.  I feel like he’s too undersized for the NFL.  He benefits from being surrounded by a roster full of 4-5 star players who DONT EVEN START!

I like Stroud, but he has similar benefit but better size.  Levis is raw. Hooker is a safe bet, but career backup most likely.  The rest are a wash, mainly due to my lack of knowledge.  One thing I do know, I DONT want AR15 to be our pick at 9.  It’s too big of a gamble for only one year of crappy play.