Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-01-2023, 06:42 PM -
Has been hired by Frank Reich!

Frank Reich adds Super Bowl winning coach to Panthers staff (msn.com)

After being named the Carolina Panthers’ next head coach, Frank Reich is now building out his coaching staff. His first order of business for the Panthers involved bringing in former Super Bowl winner Duce Staley.

taley has agreed to leave the Detroit Lions to join Reich in Carolina, via ESPN’s Dan Graziano. While his role with the Panthers has yet to be revealed, he served as Detroit’s assistant head coach and running backs coach.

Duce Staley had been with the Lions for the past two seasons. This past year, Detroit’s run game ranked 11th in the NFL, averaging 128.2 yards per game. The Lions’ 23 rushing touchdowns were the third most in the NFL.

Prior to joining the Eagles, Staley coaches for the Eagles in a multitude of roles. He was Philadelphia’s special teams quality coach from 2011-2012, their running backs coach from 2013-2020 and eventually their assistant head coach from 2018-2020. In 2020 – Staley’s last year as Philly’s running backs coach – the Eagles ranked ninth in the league, averaging 126.7 YPG.

Staley was a member of the Eagles’ 2017 Super Bowl win. He won a ring as a player with the Steelers in 2006.

Carolina was actually one of the better running teams in the NFL this past season. They ranked 10th overall, averaging 130 yards per game. However, perhaps Reich doesn’t want Staley in just a rushing role. Carolina struggled overall offensively, finishing the year with the fourth-worst offense in the league, averaging 306.2 YPG.

Frank Reich is an offensive-minded coach in his own right. Staley has been one of the most well-respected running back coaches in the league. As Reich looks to turn the Panthers’ franchise around, he’s looking to Staley to help build up Carolina’s worrisome offense.

The post Frank Reich adds Super Bowl winning coach to Panthers staff appeared first on ClutchPoints.
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-02-2023, 01:24 AM -
Who likes it? I’d say this means Reich’s the play caller.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,759 posts 502 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-02-2023, 03:23 AM -
Don't know. Can't say for certain.  We still don't know what coaching position Staley will have. He might be a QB Coach or a RB Coach...???  I have no feelings about it either way. I expect Staley is a good coach. Will probably do a good job. Just don't know where.
PantherFan007
Administrator

02-02-2023, 06:12 AM -
There's another name popping up around the rumor mill that Reich is expecting to bring in as Offensive Coordinator, but I'll have to look back and see who it was.
PantherFan007
Administrator

02-02-2023, 06:13 AM -
Worship Worship Worship

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-repor...hing-staff

Tuesday, Frank Reich was officially introduced as the sixth head coach in Carolina Panthers franchise history. One day later, he has his first commitment from an external assistant.

According to Dan Graziano of ESPN, Detroit Lions Assistant Head Coach/Running Backs coach Duce Staley is set join Reich's staff in Carolina.

Staley, 47, is a native of West Columbia, South Carolina and played his high school ball at West Columbia Airport. He stayed home to play for the South Carolina Gamecocks where he developed into a third round draft choice by the Philadelphia Eagles in the 1997 NFL Draft.

Staley spent the first seven years of his playing career in Philly, rushing for a total of 4,807 yards and 22 touchdowns while hauling in 275 receptions for 2,498 yards and ten scores. He played the last three years of his career with the Pittsburgh Steelers from 2004-06 and was a part of their Super Bowl 40 championship team.

Staley got his start in coaching in Philadelphia in 2011 as a special teams quality control coach. Two years later, he landed a position group coaching the running backs and held that role through 2020 before adding "Assistant Head Coach" to his title.

Reich and Staley spent two seasons together with the Eagles (2016-17) and were on staff together for the Super Bowl team that defeated Tom Brady and the New England Patriots.

Detroit ranked 18th in rushing yards per game (110.9) the year before Staley arrived. This season, the Lions jumped up to 11th averaging 128.2 yards per game.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,759 posts 502 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-02-2023, 08:45 AM -
(02-02-2023, 06:13 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: Worship Worship Worship

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/gm-repor...hing-staff

Tuesday, Frank Reich was officially introduced as the sixth head coach in Carolina Panthers franchise history. One day later, he has his first commitment from an external assistant.

According to Dan Graziano of ESPN, Detroit Lions Assistant Head Coach/Running Backs coach Duce Staley is set join Reich's staff in Carolina.

Yep.... Saw this yesterday.....

Still though, What is his job going to be.??  I don't think he's going to be our OC. (IMHO..)  AND I'm almost certain he's not our DC.!! (Again..IMO..).  Maybe they'll make up a new position for him.??  I like that he seems to be well respected....and Reich knows him well.  Just wondering what he is going to do....

Anyone heard anything..??
This post was last modified: 02-02-2023, 08:47 AM by Hobbit99.
Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-02-2023, 05:38 PM -
Read last night his job will be RB coach… and that Jim Bob Cooter will probably be OC. But I have not seen anything official.
PantherFan007
Administrator

02-02-2023, 09:20 PM -
(02-02-2023, 05:38 PM)Firstchance Wrote: Read last night his job will be RB coach… and that Jim Bob Cooter will probably be OC. But I have not seen anything official.

It very well could be, and one could ask why he (Duce) would leave that position in Detroit to come here, but the truth is that he is from Columbia, SC, and his mother is in bad health.  He wants to be close to her and close to home.  

Worship