• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,299 posts 742 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-24-2023, 04:17 PM -
Worship

Panthers restructure Austin Corbett's contract

CHARLOTTE — The Panthers created some more salary cap flexibility on Friday as they prepare to head into free agency in a few weeks.

The team restructured the contract of right guard Austin Corbett, clearing some cap space for next year.

The 28-year-old Corbett signed a three-year deal last offseason and started all 17 games for a line that showed remarkable improvement last year.

He suffered a torn ACL in the regular season finale and is around the stadium every day as he works to rehab.

Teams can begin negotiating with other teams' free agents on March 13, and the league year begins on March 15, at which point teams can sign players and execute trades.
Firstchance
Posting Freak

756 posts 84 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-25-2023, 12:53 PM -
This is one of those moves that makes sense for both parties. I know everyone will be saying he could be ready by week one. I personally don’t see it, due mainly to the position he plays. If we can get him back 4 to 8 weeks into the season I would be grateful.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
02-25-2023, 05:50 PM -
(02-25-2023, 12:53 PM)Firstchance Wrote: This is one of those moves that makes sense for both parties. I know everyone will be saying he could be ready by week one. I personally don’t see it, due mainly to the position he plays. If we can get him back 4 to 8 weeks into the season I would be grateful.

Yes... Corbett's recovery time will be greatly affected by his size and his need for lateral flexibility and stability.  I too would guess that his return to the lineup would take longer than say a RB or a WR.  Extra size + extra weight = more stress and strain. Consequently, longer and tougher rehab.