Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-05-2023, 07:24 PM -
Not trying to read too much into this, but does it sound like they are - perhaps - decided on which quarterback they will be taking?

https://www.panthers.com/news/after-free...into-focus

CHARLOTTE — Perhaps you've heard: The Panthers have the first pick in this year's draft, and they're going to take a new quarterback.

But they have other picks — and other needs — as they head into the rest of the draft and the rest of the offseason.

The free agency period was fruitful in terms of addressing a number of needs, specifically on offense, as they brought back center Bradley Bozeman, signed free agent wide receivers Adam Thielen and DJ Chark, tight end Hayden Hurst, and running back Miles Sanders.

And by bringing in reinforcements on defense, they're going to be able to line up in a 3-4 system under new coordinator Ejiro Evero.

But as they think about the rest of the draft past that first pick, there are a number of needs on the roster as currently constructed, and here's a snapshot of areas they could be looking at with the next pick.

We'll go through the specifics at each position in the days leading up to the draft, so stay tuned.

For the record, the Panthers have five picks past the first one. The full list of picks and how they arrived at them can be viewed here.

The Panthers also pick in the second round (39th), the third round (93rd), twice in the fourth (114th and 132nd), and once in the fifth (145th).
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-05-2023, 08:03 PM -
Hmmm...

I'm not certain they've decided on anything yet. They know they're in the catbird's seat. There is no reason to rush to a decision at this point. We're still 3+ weeks away from THE time. Plenty of opportunity to evaluate, re-evaluate, and process information.  Unless we trade out of #1, the result of the pick, and the Panthers future QB, won't be decided until draft day.  ANYTHING could happen...
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-06-2023, 12:26 AM -
(04-05-2023, 08:03 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Hmmm...

I'm not certain they've decided on anything yet. They know they're in the catbird's seat. There is no reason to rush to a decision at this point. We're still 3+ weeks away from THE time. Plenty of opportunity to evaluate, re-evaluate, and process information.  Unless we trade out of #1, the result of the pick, and the Panthers future QB, won't be decided until draft day.  ANYTHING could happen...

I’d say yup!

I like barno n smith n backup roles at olb n mlb. Chances. Gotta see. After first pick im intrigued. Who falls?
This post was last modified: 04-06-2023, 12:34 AM by Josh21.