• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-10-2023, 10:12 AM -
Completely expected.

https://www.nfl.com/news/panthers-hostin...p-30-visit

The Carolina Panthers continue to use every avenue to evaluate the quarterbacks ahead of selecting the No. 1 overall pick.

On Tuesday, the club will bring in Alabama QB Bryce Young for a Top 30 visit, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday, per a source informed of the plans.

The Carolina brass met with Young for dinner on the eve of the Crimson Tide pro day last month. Bringing him in for another visit underscores the exhaustive process the Panthers promised after trading up to the top draft spot.

Young also continues his rounds of visits to potential clubs who might be interested in the former Heisman Trophy winner. Young met with the Las Vegas Raiders last week.

The former Alabama quarterback is one of the favorites to be the top pick and isn't expected to get past the Houston Texans at No. 2 if the Panthers go a different route -- selecting Ohio State's C.J. Stroud, Kentucky's Will Levis or Florida's Anthony Richardson, the latter of whom will also visit the Panthers this week, Rapoport reported.

Bringing a player in for a Top 30 visit doesn't indicate where a club is leaning with its draft choices. Rather it's a chance for teams to better get to know a future NFL player, gather intel, and continue to build a candidate portfolio to make the best decision possible come April 27.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-10-2023, 06:27 PM -
The more information that comes out actually has me tilting the Bryce Young direction more than I’d like to admit, I’m about 48 Stroud to 52 Young…. Word on the street among those who know (or think they do) state that Young is leaps and bounds better at processing information on the field. We know he’s capable of making the throws. He exudes intelligence honestly.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,158 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-11-2023, 08:46 AM -
The one thing that still keeps me on the CJ Stroud side of the fence is that Bryce young is 5'10 (with shoes on) and weighs 185 lbs (Combine said 194, but that ain't much better). No matter how smart you are, that ain't going to hold up against NFL Linebackers, Safeties, Defensive Ends and especially Defensive Tackles crashing down on top of you shoving you into the ground. CJ Stround is 6'3 and 220 lbs.
This post was last modified: 04-11-2023, 08:47 AM by PantherFan007.