Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-13-2023, 12:29 AM -
Recently Kristen Balboni, Panthers team reporter, spoke at some length with Mina Kimes, who is a NFL 'analyst" for ESPN, about the Panthers 'options' surrounding the QBs in this year's draft.  I LIKE Kristen Balboni... I know very little about Mina Kimes. I'm not sure "why", but most of the sports shows are using female personalities as "anchors" on their broadcasts. They obviously have NO on-field experience to support their knowledge, BUT most of them do a very credible job as the "face" of a digital broadcast.

Anyway here is the interview for your viewing pleasure..!!!

Firstchance

715 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-13-2023, 03:15 AM -
Just individuals and media outlets trying to show they know things. It’s entertaining but i highly doubt they even understand the highlight reels that have been sent their ways. While a coaching staff in addition to getting accurate measurements, watching footwork, arm form, seeing how they command a huddle, reviewing plays and understanding from the kids why they did this or that or didn’t do this or that and a ton of other things will lead our Panthers and any other team in making the right selection for the offense in this case they will be running. Along with trying to determine how that piece of the puzzle fits with the entire puzzle. All the talking heads have become like scientists of sports ((and there are so many more in this digital age we live in today)) when in many case they just don’t have even a clue as to what the panthers or any other team will be making their decisions on. It’s fun, it’s entertaining, somebody will guess right and pound their chests but they really don’t know everything happening in the background. Or at least that is my opinion.
This post was last modified: 04-13-2023, 12:49 PM by Firstchance.
BlackCatzFan

370 posts 43 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-13-2023, 10:53 AM -
I really liked Kay Adams on GMFB before she left. I think Kristen Balboni does a good job, her content is entertaining
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,157 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-14-2023, 08:24 AM -
(04-13-2023, 10:53 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: I really liked Kay Adams on GMFB before she left.  I think Kristen Balboni does a good job, her content is entertaining

I agree. I like Kristen Balboni.  She seems to be the perfect fit, as if she has always been there.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
04-14-2023, 02:04 PM -
I think Kristen Balboni is perfectly placed where she is. I hope she stays around for a long time.

My comments up there ^^^ were about all of the content producers (NFL.com; CBS Sports; et.al.) utilizing women (female personalities..) as their "anchors" on their content broadcasts.  None of these women have any on-field experience with football, or baseball, or ?? So why use them in the "lead" position.??

Hmmm.... Maybe because they know a little something about their demographics, their "target audience"..??  I suspect that 95%+ of the viewers of these shows are men. It is a male dominated audience.  Hence...Why not give the guys a pretty face to look at.??  It works for me, and I realize it.  It also eliminates a lot of the "hate" spewed against the abrasive male personalities out there like Stephen Smith, Skip Bayless and others.  Why deal with all of that angst and hate and gnashing of teeth.??

Just give them a cute, vivacious, female personality who can handle the guys and knows how to talk to a camera. It makes sense, considering the target audience.

There..... I guess I answered my own question.  

Bag Tongue