Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

4 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-10-2020, 07:29 AM -
There are a few quality wide receivers coming up on the market who are not expected to be on the same team in the upcoming season.

Amari Cooper - Would be a HUGE upgrade for the Panthers

Odell Beckham, Jr - A bit of a Diva, but has the best hands in football, hands down (yes, pun intended lol Tongue )

AJ Green - AJ might be an affordable option if the Panthers wanted to extend a one year offer to see if he can make a comeback to his glory days

Alshon Jeffrey - Expected to part ways with the Eagles.  Very tall, serviceable wide receiver.

Thoughts?
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,759 posts 502 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-10-2020, 12:20 PM -
Hmmm

Lets look at our roster......
Currently we have:

DJ Moore
Curtis Samuel
Chris Hogan
Jarius Wright
Deandre White
Brandon Zylstra

AND two more guys I know nothing about:

Ishmael Hyman
Damion JeanPierre

Considering Moore, Samuel, Wright and Hogan...... Not sure we will want to invest in MORE WRs..?? Plus there is still the draft to consider.?? Truthfully, I'm more concerned about a solid TE.!!

With respect to the FA question, and the current crop of WRs on our roster.....
Take a look at this report on the current crop of WRs in the upcoming draft and the numbers of them that are supposed to be 1st thru 3rd round talents.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl...r-BB10ZMka

With this kind of talent available on "rookie" contracts..... Is there a FA receiver worth taking a chance on.???
This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 12:36 PM by Hobbit99.
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,156 posts 707 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-10-2020, 04:21 PM -
(03-10-2020, 12:20 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Hmmm

Currently we have:

DJ Moore
Curtis Samuel
Chris Hogan
Jarius Wright
Deandre White
Brandon Zylstra

Ishmael Hyman
Damion JeanPierre

Considering Moore, Samuel, Wright and Hogan...... Not sure we will want to invest in MORE WRs..??  Plus there is still the draft to consider.??  Truthfully, I'm more concerned about a solid TE.!!

Take a look at this report on the current crop of WRs in the upcoming draft and the numbers of them that are supposed to be 1st thru 3rd round talents.

With this kind of talent available on "rookie" contracts..... Is there a FA receiver worth taking a chance on.???

I hear ya, brother, but the only one on that list that I am sold on is Curtis Samuel.  DJ Moore looked so good this season after not looking very good at all his rookie season, in my opinion.  But those with ONE of the other that I named, along with CMC in the backfield, would make this team a tremendous offense.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,759 posts 502 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-10-2020, 04:33 PM -
(03-10-2020, 04:21 PM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(03-10-2020, 12:20 PM)Hobbit99 Wrote: Hmmm

Currently we have:

DJ Moore
Curtis Samuel
Chris Hogan
Jarius Wright
Deandre White
Brandon Zylstra

Ishmael Hyman
Damion JeanPierre

Considering Moore, Samuel, Wright and Hogan...... Not sure we will want to invest in MORE WRs..??  Plus there is still the draft to consider.??  Truthfully, I'm more concerned about a solid TE.!!

I hear ya, brother, but the only one on that list that I am sold on is Curtis Samuel.  DJ Moore looked so good this season after not looking very good at all his rookie season, in my opinion.  But those with ONE of the other that I named, along with CMC in the backfield, would make this team a tremendous offense.

I know....and I understand (I think..)   Tongue

But with Daniel Jeremiah showing twenty seven (27..!!) WRs in this draft class with grades in the top three rounds.... I don't see how you can sign a FA considering the contract cost. Especially with our terrible cap condition.!!

Glad someone smarter than me knows how to do this stuff... Cry
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,192 posts 63 threads Joined: Dec 2019
03-10-2020, 09:56 PM -
IMHO dj's a top 2 receiver on a depth chart.  He did well with Allen.  Who knows, maybe a 1.  Cs is a 2.  Many uses though.  Fast, but inconsistent.  Wright is gone, hogan is a fa..zylstra showed flashes.  I vote a low cost fa or two, n a draft pick.  BPA obviously.  Hope a de/dl/db/lb/te also happens with draft/fa.  IOL as well.  That's all we need!  Ha!

I don't think we could afford any of those wrs 007. Gotta go lower teir or draft I believe.
This post was last modified: 03-10-2020, 10:06 PM by Josh21.