Interesting Bryce trade scenrio
Started by Ladypanther

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

12 posts in this topic
Ladypanther

636 posts 126 threads Joined: Oct 2023
09-25-2024, 08:52 PM -
Have not heard this one before. Miami is an often mentioned trade but The Athletic put this out:

Tennessee Titans

QB Will Levis for Young and one of Panthers’ 2025 fifth-round picks
Levis has struggled early in his second season, though shoddy pass protection — sound familiar? — continues to be the biggest problem in Nashville. He has made some brutal mistakes, mind-boggling even, but has done some good things as well (“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln …”). Levis has plenty of talent and showed more promise last season than Young has demonstrated in the NFL. This change of scenery could benefit both, especially Young, though the Titans would be gambling that last season didn’t beat the confidence out of him altogether. As Andy Dalton just confirmed, the Panthers have made offensive improvements. Levis is another big, physical quarterback who has no confidence issues.

The draft compensation addresses the financial difference between the No. 1 overall pick in 2023 and Levis’ second-round deal. The dead cap is substantial for the Panthers, but Levis has just $4 million in guaranteed money left on his deal, per Over the Cap, and Carolina would still get the rest of this season and the next two if needed to evaluate and develop him. If the Panthers think he has the goods to figure it out, this move is worth one of their fifth-rounders (one from the New York Giants).

And they said...there is this:

Of course, the Panthers would have to want to trade Bryce Young for a deal to happen, and to this point they’ve shown no inclination in moving on from last year’s No. 1 pick. First-year coach Dave Canales said last week the Panthers weren’t considering a trade of Young in the wake of his benching 18 games into his NFL career.

And when several teams contacted the Panthers last week to see if the 23-year-old Young was available, they were told he was not, as The Athletic reported.

Of course, that could change if Dalton continues to perform like he did last weekend, when the 36-year-old became the first quarterback this season to throw for 300 yards and three touchdowns. Dalton stayed in the pocket, went through all his progressions and wasn’t afraid to push the ball downfield — three things Young had struggled with in the Panthers’ two lopsided losses.

I personally was not sold on Levis...all depends n what Canales thinks. This article mentions the Raiders as an interested party.

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5791277...proposals/
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,039 posts 565 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2024, 10:16 PM -
Hmm... C'est interresant.  Levis has a BIG arm. Strongest arm of the draft class. He's also brash, bold, and an egoist. Would he flourish in Carolina -- or would he make a team-full of enemies.?? I am conflicted...Maybe..??

Anthony Richardson, anyone.?? -- Anyone.?? --- I know, I know. No chance. The Colts would never let THAT happen.!!  Other than CJ Stroud, Richardson was my pick for a true #1 QB draftee. He is a monster dude and full of athleticism.  That's what a potential NFL QB looks like.

Anyway.... I think we're stuck with our 'Smurf' QB. He'll never be a star or a true #1. I don't care if he was drafted #1 three years in a row. It's not going to happen. --- IMHO.
Bag
"A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind"
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,315 posts 68 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-26-2024, 12:57 AM -
Pretty sure Bryce will start again here. This year, or next. Not gonna predict how it goes.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-26-2024, 08:37 AM -
(09-26-2024, 12:57 AM)Josh21 Wrote: Pretty sure Bryce will start again here.  This year, or next.  Not gonna predict how it goes.

YES... Like I said, we are pretty much stuck with him. He's on a rookie contract. That's four years. So unless we trade him, or just cut him loose, he will be around. Will he start.? Maybe..probably, at some point.

Unless we just get tired of all the mess.... AND someone makes us an offer we can't refuse..... 

(Youse knows what I mean.. Youse sees da Godfather? --- Or jes da movie.?)
Crutches
Ladypanther

636 posts 126 threads Joined: Oct 2023
09-26-2024, 12:23 PM -
(09-26-2024, 12:57 AM)Josh21 Wrote: Pretty sure Bryce will start again here.  This year, or next.  Not gonna predict how it goes.

I think he has to go somewhere else.  The sooner the better.  Can you imagine what would happen if he starts or even goes into a game and then throws an int?  The fans will not be nice.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-26-2024, 02:17 PM -
(09-26-2024, 12:23 PM)Ladypanther Wrote:

I think he has to go somewhere else.  The sooner the better.  Can you imagine what would happen if he starts or even goes into a game and then throws an int?  The fans will not be nice. YIKES..!! Can you imagine.?!?!

I think you're right. 

However the "question" still remains... Who is going to backup Dalton? What if Dalton gets hurt.? Who is 'solid' enough to run the Scout Team.???  BY can do it..... He won't be good on the field, but he COULD do it. Plummer MIGHT be able to play a little, but it would be a BIG load for a guy with no playing time. I think we'll have to keep BY around until we find a suitable backup with some experience.

Of course, I frequently make idiot statements.  So, there's that...
Bag
This post was last modified: 09-26-2024, 02:21 PM by Hobbit99.
Firstchance
Posting Freak

764 posts 85 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-26-2024, 09:46 PM -
If we can trade Bryce for anyone we should. He will never be a NFL qb. Not a starter and not a back up, young man is nice but not a pro qb. This was clearly mentioned before the draft

Just imagine where we would be today had we not made that Trade, still
Had DJ still
Had our picks.
Waited on this year to draft a QB.
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

09-27-2024, 09:20 AM -
(09-26-2024, 09:46 PM)Firstchance Wrote: If we can trade Bryce for anyone we should. He will never be a NFL qb. Not a starter  and not a back up, young man is nice but not a pro qb.  This was clearly mentioned before the draft

Had DJ still
Had our picks.

***SIGH***   :cry:

Yes…. You’re right.  But hindsight being what it is, the same can be said about all NFL teams and all deals. Crystal balls are notoriously famous for cracks and fog. 

All silver linings have a cloud.
:Old:
This post was last modified: 09-27-2024, 06:31 PM by Hobbit99.
BlackCatzFan

399 posts 44 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-27-2024, 12:47 PM -
Just sayin, Will Levis is terrible as well, we don’t want him.
Firstchance
Posting Freak

764 posts 85 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-27-2024, 02:35 PM -
(09-27-2024, 09:20 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote:
(09-26-2024, 09:46 PM)Firstchance Wrote: If we can trade Bryce for anyone we should. He will never be a NFL qb. Not a starter  and not a back up, young man is nice but not a pro qb.  This was clearly mentioned before the draft

Had DJ still
Had our picks.

***SIGH***  Cry

Yes…. You’re right.  But hindsight being what it is, the same can be said about all NFL teams and all deals. Crystal balls are notoriously famous for cracks and fog. 

All silver linings have a cloud.

Old

So true Hobbit. I just enjoy living in the “what if” era since I didn’t want Bryce so very very much. If you recall Stroud was the only QB I had in round one and not at #1, mid to top ten.