Word on the Street---PJ Walker set to E X P L O D E..
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
05-12-2020, 08:01 PM -
That's a fancy article for certain. Not sure I am falling for all of the hype though.  His last efforts (in the XFL..) were indicative of...what.??  Here's what i see..... A capable scrambler with a fairly quick release. Accurate with short passes, but not much to show on downfield stuff.

**Played five games in the XFL, starting all five.
**Threw for 15 touchdowns in five games. This is GOOD, but not unheard of with a passing offense.
**Threw for 1338 yards in five games. This is a little anemic. Maybe just "average".?? This calculates to about 265 yards per game.... meh..!!
**Since he had a good number of TDs, this means most of his passing was "short range" stuff.

Now, given he was playing against NFL discards and 2nd-3rd rate talent....What does this indicate about his abilities.??  I am not certain that I KNOW exactly, but I wouldn't bet on him tearing up the league. Add this stuff to his completely lackluster rookie years of 2017 and 2018, and his undrafted status..... well, ?????, I don't know.  I want to see him work some "magic", but I hope you'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath.  I need oxygen.!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Word on the Street---PJ Walker set to E X P L O D E.. - by Hobbit99 - 05-12-2020, 08:01 PM