Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
PantherFan007
Administrator

2,341 posts 756 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-01-2021, 08:42 AM -
(08-01-2021, 07:34 AM)coffee Wrote: Wow!  Didn't know about the Saints thing.  Oh well.  Happily, that's the one position on our team that I now feel really good about.  You realize we've been trying to get two good receivers on the field since 2004? 

If memory serves, Smitty was out that year.  Moose left the next.  Never got a complimentary rcvr for Smitty, then never replaced him until DJ.

Whatever the case, it's sad to see a person throw away such an opportunity . . . repeatedly.

Wait, let me get my story right.  Coach (later identified as Sean Payton, HC of the Saints) had made a special trip just to see Benjamin workout prior to the draft, but Benjamin told him he was "too tired" after the coach made the trip:

(9) Gil Brandt on Twitter: "Kelvin Benjamin 30th in my new rankings. Was told KB recently blew off workout w NFL coach who had made special trip, said he was too tired" / Twitter

And from NFL.com:

FSU WR Kelvin Benjamin blows off NFL team workout

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIANTS KICK KELVIN BENJAMIN TO CURB AFTER SPAT WITH GETTLEMAN AND HC JUDGE - by PantherFan007 - 08-01-2021, 08:42 AM