UDFA Rookie Safety JT Ibe tossed out of Practice; Keith Kirkwood taken to hospital
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
Josh21
Posting Freak

1,316 posts 68 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-03-2021, 09:31 PM -
Second time it’s happened with him if the tweets are accurate. First play caused a tussle, fight, quick dust up, it was a non padded practice play. Seems he’s been talked to about it before. Tee’d off on a teammate. Fighting for roster spots, but dang! Simple coaching.

Don’t do this. “Ok”.. does it again. What can u do? Allow him free reign? U cut him. Don’t lay ure teammates out. Simple rule. It seems.

Here’s his apology

There aren’t a lot of sports where your career and entire life can change in an instant. Tackle football is one of them, and the Panthers got a jarring reminder of that at training camp today.

ADVERTISEMENT

Safety J.T. Ibe has been released for his hit on wide receiver Keith Kirkwood at practice. Ibe hit Kirkwood high while he was attempting to make a catch in mid-air. Kirkwood went down hard and stayed there for a while. Eventually, he was taken off the field in an ambulance. It’s too late to save his job, but Ibe has apologized, per the Charlotte Observer.

“I just saw the ball and him and I wanted to interrupt it. It wasn’t me aiming for his head. It was just me trying to jar the ball out. . . I just felt bad, I looked at him when I landed, and I just felt bad. I asked the trainers to tell him I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to hit him like that. It wasn’t intentional at all and I’m praying he’s OK.”
Ibe’s actions and subsequent release have been the story of the day. Sam Darnold appeared taken off-guard by the news in his post-practice press conference. Meanwhile, while Panthers legend Charles Johnson seems to think cutting him was sudden and harsh.
This post was last modified: 08-03-2021, 10:04 PM by Josh21.

Messages In This Thread
RE: UDFA Rookie Safety JT Ibe tossed out of Practice; Keith Kirkwood taken to hospital - by Josh21 - 08-03-2021, 09:31 PM