OFFICIAL PRESEASON GAMEDAY 3 THREAD - Steelers @ Panthers
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-28-2021, 07:40 AM -
Overall, that felt really good. I wonder how long it's been since Sam Darnold has spent a half thinking "We've got this game in hand." It's nice that, while we wait the two-plus weeks for Game 1, we've got a very good overall performance fresh on our minds.

Still things that I would've liked to see go better. I know we're going to struggle with a receding O-line but I thought they should've at least held up better against the #2s. It was also frustrating that we started out with the same redzone woes. That was solved later, but was it us solving it or did the Steelers put in their 'next step down' defense? It could have also been early game jitters.

I hope Shi is OK . . . Still, I have to think this may be perfect if we can stash him on IR.

It was painful to watch Slye and the Family Receivers work themselves out the door with all the drops and misses. (Odd. We saw Darnold to Arnold, then lost Shi and Slye.)

One last thought: This was supposed to be a gimme; our 1s against their 2s. But I wonder if that might still be what we face in quality against the the Jets. Sure would be nice to have a confidence booster game 1 that went like this game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFICIAL PRESEASON GAMEDAY 3 THREAD - Steelers @ Panthers - by coffee - 08-28-2021, 07:40 AM