THINGS OVERHEARD YESTERDAY AND TODAY.....
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-15-2021, 06:10 PM -
It's been a while. but I guess I'll add a little something here.
All of us want to find fault....particularly with our O-line. SURE, it would be great if the QB had 6-7-8 seconds on every pass call to sort out routes and coverages. Unfortunately, that is NOT realistic. I would encourage everyone to step back and take a long look at the plays that end up 'busted'. A LOT of them are the result of the QB holding the ball too long. For the Panthers, RECENTLY, there has been an increased emphasis on "taking shots" deep. Nothing wrong with that once in a while, but too much emphasis forces the QB to hold the ball waiting for the routes (receivers..) to develop.
I know, I know..... everyone wants EXCITEMENT.  But I will take "effective" any day over long "prayers".

As a matter of interest, next time you see Brady or one of the other really high end QBs on the field..... Watch, time, or count from the moment of snap to when the QB releases the ball....DON'T GUESS. You will find the best and most effective QBs get rid of the ball in 3 seconds or less.. Anything longer than that the play has a much higher potential for failure...... The Panthers take too long waiting for plays to 'develop'. Don't blame the O-line or protection schemes when the QB still has the ball 4, 5, 6 seconds after the snap. I have timed them with a stop watch. 3 seconds is about the limit for reliable success. Longer than that is really asking for trouble.
This post was last modified: 10-15-2021, 11:36 PM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: THINGS OVERHEARD YESTERDAY AND TODAY..... - by Hobbit99 - 10-15-2021, 06:10 PM