BAKER MAYFIELD---STATS (THE REALITY BEHIND THE PRETTY VIDEOS..)
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

14 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-08-2022, 08:02 PM -
Okay.... So we're moving forward with this effort. If you have stayed observant here on the forum, you probably noticed a recent topic named "BAKER MAYFIELD HIGHLIGHTS". Also in the topic "LOOKS LIKE WE GOT BAKER" ... There were several posts that included links to videos on Panthers dot com, as well as YouTube videos, all of which were extolling the virtues of Mayfield. All of this to the detriment of Sam Darnold of course, and obviously containing a huge dose of "I told you so..." for those fans who were/are Mayfield FanBoys. How much of what the videos showed was applicable to the current situation was never discussed. So..... in my own somewhat stupid thought process, I decided to "take a walk on the wild side" and attempt to draw correlations to the Panthers QB situation, and expose the video hype to the stone-cold light of day. I thought it would be fun....... Instead, it turned out to be interesting.

I started this journey with a brief synopsis of Mayfield's college Heisman Trophy year and his "freshman" rookie campaign with the Browns. You can find that 'bit' up there ^^^ labeled and tabbed as the year 2018.  Now, here we go with his second NFL year.... 2019.

***2019***

After a so-so rookie campaign in 2018, Baker Mayfield was all set for a little 'breakout' in his second season. And he got it (kinda-sorta..). It was here that Mayfield continued his run of games as the #1 QB of the Browns. After playing in 14 games his rookie year (and starting 13 of them...), he started all 16 games in 2019.

** Won/Loss Record = 6-10.  He beat the JETS, the RAVENS, the BILLS, the STEELERS, the DOLPHINS, and the BENGALS.
     He lost to the TITANS, the RAIDERS, the 49ers, the SEAHAWKS, the PATRIOTS, the BRONCOS, the STEELERS, the CARDINALS, the RAVENS, and the BENGALS.

** Passing Stats = 317-C of 534-A for 59.4% and 3827 Yds. 22 TDs vs. 21 INTs. 40 SACKS and a QBR of 54.4.

** In 2019 Mayfield picked up 141 Rushing Yds in 28 Att. 

So, Baker Mayfield advanced his playing time, starting all 16 games for the Browns. He also threw for an additional 102 yards and gained an additional 10 yards rushing. This amounts to exactly 112 additional yards of offense in two additional games.  Still, you can't really call it BAD.... just maybe a little 'badder' than desired.??  So, even though this was a "breakout" year (kinda-sorta..??) Rolleyes   , Mayfield's W-L% went down, INTs went up, Sacks went WAY up, and everything else stayed about the same.  All this with two additional games played.

2020 is coming soon..!!
This post was last modified: 07-09-2022, 05:37 AM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: BAKER MAYFIELD---STATS (THE REALITY BEHIND THE PRETTY VIDEOS..) - by Hobbit99 - 07-08-2022, 08:02 PM