BAKER MAYFIELD---STATS (THE REALITY BEHIND THE PRETTY VIDEOS..)
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

14 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-11-2022, 07:46 AM -
(07-11-2022, 06:56 AM)coffee Wrote: Thanks, Hobbit!

If Baker is being viewed as the team's salvation, I think this was a bad move.  But I think all this is really designed to do is cheaply improve our QB room, which it does.  We are by no means there yet, but we started 2021 with Darnold/Walker.  I think 2022's probable Darnold/Baker/Corral is an upgrade and it's better than the only other option I can think of: Darnold/Cam/Corral.

I really want Corral to sit this year.  Darnold doesn't do 16 games, let alone 17.  We've got to have 3 QBs this year and I'd rather try Baker than PJ or Cam.

Yes, all very good points. If we can keep those three (Mayfield. Darnold, Corral..) then we have a chance to have a decent season. That will mean carrying three QBs on the 53. Couldn't afford to put one on the practice squad and run the risk of losing him. The only alternative would be to trade Darnold....and I think that will be very difficult. Might put PJ Walker on the PS though..??

I would like to see the OC do a little platooning. Put all three QBs in a room. Make them eat, sleep, live football together. Study the game together. Review the playbook together. Put them together on the sideline during games...keep them thinking about football all the time and supporting the TEAM.  Play two (or three..??) QBs per game when possible. When one has success, stay with him for a quarter or maybe a half. If nothing is working, make a change. Don't be afraid to change...and/or change back. Close or high scoring games would require some thought. That way Corral could get the benefit of live snaps in a real game against real NFL pressures and QB decisions would be a lot easier to make.  I know, it sounds like a BIG "ask", doesn't it.??
Fbwow

Messages In This Thread
RE: BAKER MAYFIELD---STATS (THE REALITY BEHIND THE PRETTY VIDEOS..) - by Hobbit99 - 07-11-2022, 07:46 AM