PANTHERS QB ROOM---NOW (2022..) AND FOR HOW LONG??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-12-2022, 04:59 PM -
Things are about to start heating up on the practice field. The Panthers have five (Oops..), no, still only four QBs on the roster for 2022. Which is one of the reasons for this thread. Another reason, and perhaps the biggest one, is because there is about to be a serious structure fire around the Panthers training facility in SC. Along with the heat generated by the weather down there at Wofford, there is going to be an untold amount of friction heat on the practice field and the locker room.  The #1 QB job is up for grabs..!!

Anyway, since there is bound to be a lot of discourse surrounding this subject, this seemed like a good time (and place..) to start it off.

Effective with the official(izing) of the Baker Mayfield deal on Monday night, the Panthers had a 91 man roster---UNLESS one player was dropped, which is exactly what happened. To make room on the roster, the otherwise #4 QB was waived to make room for the next #4 QB.  I can't say "I didn't expect it..", because I did. But for those who didn't know (OR worse, didn't care..), rookie UDFA QB, Davis Cheek, was waived to make room.

So, the axe falls here (quietly at first..). That leaves the Panthers with four QBs (still..) on the roster, Those four are: Sam Darnold; Baker Mayfield; Matt Corral; and PJ Walker.

Here is a little commentary on the action...

PANTHERS WIRE:  Baker Mayfield--IN,  Davis Cheek--OUT

Messages In This Thread
PANTHERS QB ROOM---NOW (2022..) AND FOR HOW LONG?? - by Hobbit99 - 07-12-2022, 04:59 PM