PANTHERS QB ROOM---NOW (2022..) AND FOR HOW LONG??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-14-2022, 03:46 PM -
As noted above, the Panthers have four QBs on the roster. Most of the talk has been about Baker Mayfield, as I guess it should be at this point. One thing that annoys me to no end is the incessant chatter among the 'mouths' out there who have nothing good to say about Darnold, and nothing bad to say about Mayfield. According to early reports from the Panthers coaches, Darnold has shown up vey well so far this year. BUT.....well, no matter.

There is one interesting tidbit that I just recently noticed. Of the four QBs on the roster, only ONE has a contract longer than one year. That would be, of course, Matt Corral. All three of the remaining QBs are set to disappear after this year. Looks to me like the GM and helpers may be looking ahead to next year for additional help from the 2023 draft..???

Of course, any of the 'expiring' QBs could be 'tendered' or 'extended' or 'renewed' or even "tagged. Tagging a QB comes with some potentially dramatic downside though. The "tag" has a significant cost involved. The current estimate for 2022 Franchise Tags for the QB position is in the very NICE neighborhood of 29.5 Million. That other amount being bandied about, you know, the 18.8 Mil one that both Darnold and Mayfield received.....shoot, that's 'chump change' compared to the "tag" numbers.!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS QB ROOM---NOW (2022..) AND FOR HOW LONG?? - by Hobbit99 - 07-14-2022, 03:46 PM