PANTHERS QB ROOM---NOW (2022..) AND FOR HOW LONG??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-15-2022, 07:41 AM -
(07-15-2022, 07:20 AM)coffee Wrote: Could be looking at the draft.  Also, could be: "Well, crap!  I guess we jumped too quickly on that 5th year option thing."

I think they're just using the same BPA strategy that they use before each draft.  They try to at least get a reasonably good JAG (Just a Guy) at each position so they don't have to reach in the draft.  They've been "reaching" for a QB, but it looks like they are trying to set it up to go after the best QB available, whether it be someone here, draft, or another monstrous QB trade next year.

I think what we're seeing here right now is the Panthers looking forward to next year and beyond. A "quick fix" is very seldom seen as a long term fix. Both Darnold and Mayfield have a lot of "proving" to do. PJ Walker is a bust and is not in the conversation. He may or may not catch on somewhere (yes, even here..) as a perennial back-up QB. That's all he will ever be. Matt Corral is a complete unknown. None of these three have enough' anything' right now to keep them here past this year.....except Corral who, because of his rookie contract, is an inexpensive option that might turn into a quality QB at some point.

Having seen what Rhule and Fitterer have done so far this year should be an omen for things to come. I think they (both of them..) are sitting back watching and waiting to pull the trigger again next year if it's warranted. Don't be surprised to see the Panthers "move up" next year to select one of the top QBs..... Unless one of these three breaks loose this year.
Headbang

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS QB ROOM---NOW (2022..) AND FOR HOW LONG?? - by Hobbit99 - 07-15-2022, 07:41 AM