PANTHERS QB ROOM---NOW (2022..) AND FOR HOW LONG??
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

13 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
07-15-2022, 01:29 PM -
(07-15-2022, 10:21 AM)coffee Wrote: Sounds right to me.  In all of my infinite lack of wisdom, here's what I see as the options:

a. Sam/Baker shows that he is now so good that we must keep him at all costs. (Chances: 1%)
b. Sam/Baker is good enough to keep us somewhat competitive while we wait to see if Corral pans out. (33%)
c. Sam & Baker are both so bad that we get a high draft pick that we use for a QB. (33%)
d. Sam & Baker are below average, but we get a handful of W's because of the rest of the team.  Next year's Wilson/Watson/Brady agrees to come here. (33%)
Hmmm..... I don't know... You may have a better grasp on these guys than I do..
Do you think that either Watson or Brady is possible.??  I would say NO because... Brady agreed to come back from retirement for "one more shot". Those were his words (contextually..). Of course, Brady already reneged on his retirement once. No real reason for him not to do it again, I guess. Still. I think he (Brady..) has had enough. His skills are dropping off quickly. I think he'll want to leave on his terms...while he's still near the top. 

Watson will have little or nothing to say about his future years for quite some time. He is on a five year, Fully Guaranteed contract. He can't get out of it. But why would he want to...?? His contract is in the hands of the Browns. He could refuse to play or refuse to appear even, but he wouldn't get paid either. He is locked down for five years...or longer, depending on the suspension.

Now Wilson....The Broncos inherited his contract from Seattle. Two more years...thru 2024...before a deal HAS to be made. Of course, the Broncos are expected to negotiate a new deal for Wilson before then. Word has it that Wilson is asking for $50 Mil per year. I seriously don't believe the Panthers are in the $50 Mil market annually (especially not "guaranteed"..) which is the 'asking' price.  Of course stranger things have happened. Wilson COULD jump at any time if he refused to work/play in Denver. It would likely cost him a year's hold out and lost salary. Also, the Denver Broncos are being sold (presumptively..), so the new owners would probably want Wilson to sign a significant contract.

Of those three, Brady would be the easiest, but he lacks the interest. The other two are pretty much locked down for a while... unless Wilson wanted to take the hit and just refuse to play. I don't see it happening because he just agreed to go to Denver. Why would he change his mind.??
This post was last modified: 07-15-2022, 01:31 PM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS QB ROOM---NOW (2022..) AND FOR HOW LONG?? - by Hobbit99 - 07-15-2022, 01:29 PM