A Little Oops I Enjoyed
Started by coffee

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1 posts in this topic
coffee

238 posts 24 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-01-2022, 07:40 AM -
Carolina Panthers: Coach Matt Rhule is trying to get his team to cut down on mistakes, so it was no surprise he called the team together and "lost it'' after a penalty was called following safety Jeremy Chinn's interception of a Sam Darnold pass. Turns out that wasn't the only mistake in front of fans at Wofford's Gibbs Stadium. "Here's what happened,'' Rhule said with a laugh. "So Chinn picked the ball off and the official said offsides on the defense. I brought everybody in and lost it about, 'Hey, you lined up offsides!' Then after I was finished giving my Knute Rockney speech, he came over and said, 'I meant to say the offense false started.' So I retracted my statement. I'd like to say it's not my fault, but when you're the head coach, everything is on you.'' -- David Newton

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3431...aints-jets

I had watched a video of that event.  I was a bit frustrated at how much it looked like everyone messed up and was having to be chewed out.  This just makes it a bit more understandable and humorous.

I will add that this play was not a horrible pass by Darnold. It was a wonderful play by Chinn.
This post was last modified: 08-01-2022, 07:42 AM by coffee.

Messages In This Thread
A Little Oops I Enjoyed - by coffee - 08-01-2022, 07:40 AM
RE: A Little Oops I Enjoyed - by Hobbit99 - 08-01-2022, 01:53 PM