DESHAUN WATSON SUSPENDED SIX GAMES - BAKER MAYFIELD SAYS......
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-05-2022, 12:40 AM -
(08-04-2022, 05:34 PM)coffee Wrote: From a legal standpoint, I have no opinion other than I hope justice is done.  With so many accusations, it's easy to assume guilt.  With his fame and fortune, it's easy to imagine a group of plotting gold-diggers.  But I realize that I'm not privy to the 'behind-closed-doors' info and that our news is from reporters who also are not privy to it but are paid to sound like they are. 

From a purely football standpoint, I don't mind the idea of us not facing him, but then the Bucs and Saints do.

Agreed...
However, we should keep in mind that this issue is NOT about his guilt or innocence. Its about the game of football, the team, and the league. And of course, it's about those folks who benefit from the game, the team, and the league. This includes all of the fans as well as those who benefit economically. Succinctly then, it's about his "personal conduct."  It doesn't matter if what he did was 'illegal' or 'against the law'.  If it reflects badly on the game, the team, or the league, then he has violated the 'personal conduct' policy, and is liable for his actions. He can (should and will..) be held responsible by fines and suspension leveled by the league..(and in some cases by his own team..).  His conduct was SO FAR over the line as to be incomprehensible.  

If we lived in a nation-state where women were habitually demeaned, downtrodden, and politically scorned, then we wouldn't be having this conversation. Fortunately for all of us, women in this country are valued (typically..). So when something like this happens there is a tremendous amount of angst among players, fans, and the public. This definitely casts the game, the team, and the league in a very bad light.

More to your point about a "group of plotting gold-diggers." I fail to see ANY group of women of that number capable of sustaining a confab and/or a formal focused declaration of this kind for this long. The initial arbiter is a well respected judge. She wrote a painful decision (15 pages...I THINK..) naming the undoubted actions as "egregious". She came out publicly and said that his actions were without a doubt. She seemed to indicate that the reason for a six game suspension instead of far more, was because there was no historical cases of this type to use as 'guidance' for punishment. There was no precedent. ---- Well, of course there wasn't. Nothing of this scope has EVER happened before.

Too often, the league, the NFL, has sort of 'squinted', held their breath, frowned and looked the other way when something of a calamitous nature involving league personnel has happened. All too often the offender gets away with these "egregious" actions and goes unpunished, or receives a slap across the fingers. It's time.... NO, it's past time for this to change. In todays NFL, women make up a VERY large percentage, 47%, of the fanbase. THEY won't stand for this type of thing continuing across the league.... And neither should the rest of us.!!

Messages In This Thread
RE: DESHAUN WATSON SUSPENDED SIX GAMES - BAKER MAYFIELD SAYS...... - by Hobbit99 - 08-05-2022, 12:40 AM