DESHAUN WATSON SUSPENDED SIX GAMES - BAKER MAYFIELD SAYS......
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-05-2022, 01:14 PM -
(08-05-2022, 07:56 AM)coffee Wrote: I think you and I are actually on the same page, with one small exception.  I have experience being in a position where I was responsible for helping or trying to help some through terrible situations somewhat similar to this.  Obviously not as famous and very different circumstances, but close enough that I feel I can learn one lesson:

I've spoken in depth to some who went through years of abuse and couldn't muster the courage to speak up.  That could easily sway me to take the side of the women in this case if not for the one lesson I've learned.

I've also helped some deal with conspiracies or apparent conspiracies.  There is one of those where I know for a fact the person is innocent and yet you would be amazed at the elaborate web that was woven making them appear guilty of something unimaginable.  It is horribly frustrating to hear people telling me that they think they know enough of the facts that they are absolutely sure this person is guilty.  That experience could easily sway me in the other direction.

But the lesson I have learned is that there is always, always so much more to these stories than we know.  So, I try to force myself to avoid opinions of guilt/innocence if I have not spoken with those involved and gotten both sides.

The reason I explain all of this is simply so you will know that I am not being aloof or heartless in the matter when I focus my comments only on the football aspect.

I respect you, brother. !!
I also have been there and understand your reticence to 'condemn' an act without proof. I would just say (to ANYONE interested..) that the judge's ruling should be mandatory reading. I've read it. She makes a strong case based on legal principals. The fact (and it IS a fact..) that Watson was not prosecuted does NOT indicate his innocence.

I have severe doubts about Watson's 'ideas' on this matter. And THAT alone is enough to make me hold up my hands and say "Stop"---"Hold On"---"Wait A Minute".  I can express myself on this issue without concern. I am not embarrassed. I am an 'older' fan who has seen and experienced much over the years. There is almost nothing that would surprise me.

My 'Tagline' across the digital web is "A Reasoned Response From A Reasonable Mind." I hold to those principals. Old  My 'Tagline', that stance, requires me to consider the possibility that I could be wrong. My position is not 'set in stone'. So I offer the chance to make me see the light. I will happily admit to my errors in thinking when it happens. So, lets have a discussion on the 'merits'. Here's a chance to smack an 'old guy' in the chops.!!  Go ahead...... "Change My Mind"Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: DESHAUN WATSON SUSPENDED SIX GAMES - BAKER MAYFIELD SAYS...... - by Hobbit99 - 08-05-2022, 01:14 PM