THE CAROLINA PANTHERS 2022 STARTING QUARTERBACK OFFICIALLY IS.......
Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

14 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,001 posts 559 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-23-2022, 08:39 AM -
Agreed Coffee.....At least most of it. There is no doubt that we are better at the position on the whole. NO doubt.  But I have to say, I don't think just the QB is/was the problem (or the answer..). This is still very much a team sport. Without a very good supporting cast, a fantastic QB1 is just an "also-ran". We bombed out last year because of the loss of McCaffrey (mostly..). Our offense was driven by his presence even when he wasn't touching the ball. Without him and his 'potential' the OPFOR defense was "teeing off" on us. And it's liable to be the same way this year if we cannot field a decent running game from someone other than CMc. The offense needs "balance" to be effective.

As far as the difference between the QBs......I just don't know.  Not saying you're wrong. Maybe you have seen things this year that I haven't.  But frankly, I don't see Mayfield as being 'dramatically' better so far this year. So, based on what I've seen.....Did he "soundly" win the job.??  Hmm...I don't know. I watched a couple of practices....and both of the games (TV..). Seems to me they were very closely matched.  YES, I know all the "talking heads" are blowing up over Mayfield.....Gushing about how "good" he looks.  REALLY..??  They want him to do good so their CBG (Crystal Ball Gazing..) makes THEM look better.  More "clicks"...etc., etc.  What all of them are alluding to is the fact that the Panthers went out and traded for Mayfield.  THEREFORE... the Panthers MUST plan on starting him.  Why else would they do it.??  That is the current line of reasoning.  Are they right.???  Who knows what the staff are REALLY thinking.  I don't....!!

There is a lot to talk about when it comes to those two QBs.  Maybe we'll take it up again.!!
This post was last modified: 08-24-2022, 05:14 PM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: THE CAROLINA PANTHERS 2022 STARTING QUARTERBACK OFFICIALLY IS....... - by Hobbit99 - 08-23-2022, 08:39 AM