PANTHERS 53 ROSTER FOR 2022 (INCL. CHANGES AS THEY HAPPEN..)
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-31-2022, 05:09 AM -
After studying the roster a little, some thoughts are starting to jell.  Just a little niggling worry.....

We have four Defensive Back positions (2-CBs, & 2-Ss) and we have 10 DBs on the roster...YES, REALLY.!!  Now I know we play a Nickel sometimes....But not always....And sometimes a LB or a DE drops back into coverage....So for 4 full-time positions we have 10 players rostered.
AND...
We have 2 Interior D-Line positions (2-DTs) with 5 or 6 Players rostered as DTs. .... And 2 Defensive End positions (2-DEs-R&L) with 4 or 5 players rostered as DEs. The little quandary in these numbers is because there seems to be a question where we will 'count' Marquan McCall...Is he a DT or a DE... (...????..)  BUT anyway...4 total D-Line positions (2-DTs & 2-DEs) with 10 players rostered...
AND...
We have 5 interior O-Line positions (2-Ts, 2-Gs, & 1C) but we have 'only' 9 O-Linemen on the roster.

So, to recap....
4 DB positions with 10 DBs rostered --------- Equals 2.5 players per position
4 D-Line positions with 10 DLs rostered ----- Equals 2.5 players per position
5 O-Line positions with 9 OLs rostered ----- Equals 1.8 players per position

Does any of this 'resonate' with you guys.?? I know I'm a little anal about things, BUT... Isn't our O-Line being short-changed.??  More Positions With Less Players.  The one group where we have had a "revolving-door" and we short their numbers..!!!

IMHO --- We have 1-2 too many DBs; We have 1-2 too many D-Linemen; and not enough O-Line.  AND... We just traded away a decent OG in Dennis Daley.!!  WHY would we do that.??  Look at the numbers please and tell me what I am missing.

**** Of course, this will probably change to some degree. Still, it seems that we are not 'balancing' positions very well.
This post was last modified: 08-31-2022, 05:15 AM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS 53 ROSTER FOR 2022 (INCL. CHANGES AS THEY HAPPEN..) - by Hobbit99 - 08-31-2022, 05:09 AM