PANTHERS 53 ROSTER FOR 2022 (INCL. CHANGES AS THEY HAPPEN..)
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-31-2022, 04:51 PM -
(08-31-2022, 06:35 AM)Firstchance Wrote: Don’t see an issue with DL, those guys do a lot of rotations. DB’s might be a person or even two that are 98% devoted to special teams.
I think the key though comes down primarily to who will be playing on every special team snap, and maybe no OL will be included there? Just a quick thought off the cuff. Nice observation though.

(08-31-2022, 07:13 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 05:09 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: After studying the roster a little, some thoughts are starting to jell.  Just a little niggling worry.....

BUT... Isn't our O-Line being short-changed.??  More Positions With Less Players.  The one group where we have had a "revolving-door" and we short their numbers..!!!

That's kinda what didn't make sense to me about them trading Dennis Daley away.  He's not "great", but he is a serviceable body in a position where we desperately need to improve the most.

One year ago, we started a season which would see us go thru 17 different players on the Offensive Line. I just don't see the OL as a position where we have the luxury of getting rid of any "body" at this point.

FIRST... I hear you brother. I agree about the ST guys, but we have always taken those guys from position players, backups usually, and some from regular rotational players. So, yes, ST guys do make a difference. But I don't THINK we've ever rostered a player for JUST ST use....Except the three 'special' guys (LS, P, K...).. Other than those guys, we've always taken our ST guys from rotational position players. Which, of course, makes what you said more likely (LOL..). However, I just can't see needing 6 Interior DTs. (or 5 really..). I think we can rotate nicely with 4 DTs (with maybe a 5th 'swing' guy..). Then add in 4 DEs and you have the situation covered (4 of each plus 1 'swing' guy..). The same goes for DBs. If we roster 5 CBs we can cover all positions and use one as a Nickel Corner when he's needed. Then add 3 or 4 Safetys for rotational purposes and you have 8 total, or MAYBE 9 depending on 'swing' guys. It just seems like there are too many guys here when our O-Line needs support on EVERY PLAY.!! ***** I know, I'm starting to sound like a broken record.. *****

007--- You hit it right on the nose. Our O-Line NEEDS the support. Now it's true that we have several guys who can play multiple positions, and that's a great help no doubt. But, why in the name of all that's holy, did we trade away Daley..?? He started multiple games for us last year and always filled in acceptably well. So, we trade away a decent O-Lineman (PLUS a 7th round 2024 pick..) to get a 5th rounder in return, while we currently have ten (10) DBs and ten (10) DLs on the roster taking up space.

Something about this stuff just doesn't make sense (to me..!!).

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS 53 ROSTER FOR 2022 (INCL. CHANGES AS THEY HAPPEN..) - by Hobbit99 - 08-31-2022, 04:51 PM