Started by BlackCatzFan

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
08-31-2022, 05:44 PM -
(08-31-2022, 09:28 AM)BlackCatzFan Wrote: Fool me once…..

Darnold doesn’t have me fooled.  “QB2” I think he’s still expendable.  I don’t think PJ is the greatest option, but honestly, I’d take him +draft picks over Darnold.  If Baker goes down, using yalls scenario, we are right where we were predraft.  Literally no change, with a whole lot of uncertainty.  Darnold looks like Dexter Morgan, but just doesn’t slice it well in a tight spot like him.  Darnold shows up for practice, and in a game once he’s pressured he is poor decision maker.  My biggest issue is “what are we REALLY losing?”  Starting experience, but also losing experience. 

And to be honest, NO team loses their QB1 fresh out of a true rebuild(or in the middle of it like we are) and fares well.  (I mean it’s been done before, but not with Darnold) Preseason and training camp are to make you feel good about the upcoming season, it’s propaganda.  If Darnold didn’t have the guaranteed money, you can bet ya sweet cheeks that he’d be gone already.  Look at Teddy, who is a better QB than Darnold.

BCF--- Let me say here, you are not completely wrong.  As you mentioned Bridgewater, lets start there. He played for three seasons with the Vikings after being drafted. Sort of a "meh.." start. Then he had one year with the Saints, one year with the Panthers, and one year with the Broncos, and now he's with the Dolphins. So five (5) teams over seven years. Of those years, you could say that his time with the Panthers was his 'best". 3700+ yds, 69% completions, and 279 yds @ 5.3 YPC rushing. Not too shabby.!!  BUT, all the other years were not as good----- AND, why has he been changing teams like dirty underwear.??  Something's not right here..... Better than Darnold..???  Hmm.... Don't know about that.

Without Baker we would NOT be right where we were pre-draft. Pre-draft we had a very healthy Darnold, who alongside a healthy McCaffrey, was VERY effective. As far as the Mayfield vs. Darnold thing... Well, that's been decided for now. But just let me say, the difference between them is so slight as to be almost indecipherable....when you look at results and avoid the 'monkeyshine' business as propagated by the prognosticators---who are only fishing for "clicks". 

So, I think you're partly right. However, you "obviously" don't like Darnold, and that's okay. Nothing wrong with liking/DISliking someone, I guess.  But, I try to keep everything reality based. I think your dislike for Darnold is showing up in your bias.!!  He may not be a QB1, but he certainly can be effective, and his ability to move with the ball is significantly better than Mayfield. Where he ends up is still unknown. Have to wait and see I guess.

If you think I'm way off base here, let me know. With evidence, I am willing to admit I'm wrong and change my mind.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ok, Hypothetical roster moves…. - by Josh21 - 08-30-2022, 11:07 PM
RE: Ok, Hypothetical roster moves…. - by coffee - 08-31-2022, 07:19 AM
RE: Ok, Hypothetical roster moves…. - by Hobbit99 - 08-31-2022, 05:44 PM
RE: Ok, Hypothetical roster moves…. - by coffee - 08-31-2022, 10:11 PM