Started by PantherFan007

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

15 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-12-2022, 08:13 AM -
LOTS of issues with this game. The score was close, but the game wasn't.  We were beaten badly. The score is NOT indicative of how poorly we played.

I've watched it twice (DVR..) and I'll watch it once more. You notice things every time you watch it.  I commented several weeks back about Ekwonu needing some time. This was proof. He is big and tough.....but he is not yet ready to take on the speed rushers like Garrett. When he got beat, he was always at least a full step behind the action. He is reacting, but he is still too slow in doing so.

Mayfield --- Where do I start....   Five or six passes deflected at the LOS.  Four fumbles (one or two on shotgun snaps where the ball would have hit him in the chest if he hadn't batted it away..). You can't blame that on the Center. Poor, poor form.  And THIS is supposed to be better than Darnold.??  The one long pass to Robbie looked good, but, really...... he just wound up and threw it in the general area. Robbie did all the work, changing direction and running it down.  I'll give him credit for throwing it where Robbie could get to it though. It was a good play.

McCaffrey was NOT used at all.... 14 touches and about five of those were passes. NOT effective use of your most prolific and best offensive weapon. If he (McCaffrey..) hadn't jumped on that fumble and escaped with it..who knows how it would have turned out.

OVERALL....A p*ss-poor showing on offense.

Messages In This Thread
RE: OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD - WEEK 1 - PANTHERS VS BROWNS - by Hobbit99 - 09-12-2022, 08:13 AM