PANTHERS 53 ROSTER FOR 2022 (INCL. CHANGES AS THEY HAPPEN..)
Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

16 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-22-2022, 05:04 PM -
(09-22-2022, 04:31 PM)Firstchance Wrote: I had read singed to practice squad. Was there add’l update?

No additional update that I know of.... Can"t be signed to the Practice Squad.  (Illegal--Unlawful--Against the Rules)

As far as the signing goes...... The rules apply here to this signing.  Any time any player is "poached" 'signed' from another teams practice squad, that player MUST spend at least 3 weeks on the active 53 of his new team. He will count toward the roster total (53) and will be paid at least three weeks of salary as an active 53 roster member  (Usually the league minimum..).  He doesn't have to be available on game day where only 46 players suit up for the game.....just "active" on the 53 roster for a minimum of three weeks.  NOTE:  He CAN be released before three weeks are up, but he will still count toward the total number allowed on the roster--53, AND he will still get paid for at least three weeks even if he is released.

This "rule" is part of the NFL -- NFLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).  I think it was started as a protection for PS players being 'jumped' between teams with no intent to play them.  OR..as a tool for one team to "hurt' another team.  Now, any team "poaching" another team's player MUST pay them---and hold open a spot on the active roster.  This keeps the teams "honest" shall we say, when they know they have to dedicate an active roster spot and pay the player both ---  for at least three weeks.

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS 53 ROSTER FOR 2022 (INCL. CHANGES AS THEY HAPPEN..) - by Hobbit99 - 09-22-2022, 05:04 PM