Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-24-2022, 11:45 AM -
(09-24-2022, 05:41 AM)coffee Wrote: I have this theory or viewpoint or whatever: Good teams get themselves up for every game and thus they have winning streaks.  Bad teams have losing streaks because they are seriously missing something.  The middle of the road teams tend to have few streaks but go back and forth.  In other words, a 5-5 team doesn't typically go WWWWWLLLLL.  They go much closer to WLWLWLWLWL.  They do this because, after screwing up and getting a L one week, they now have the extra umph to cause them to get a W the next week.  But after getting the W, they now lose that umph.  And so on.

Reason I mention this is that I thought we were in that middle ground.  I thought we'd come out hot against the Giants because of the extra umph we got from the Browns loss.  Because we didn't, I'm really concerned that we may just be in the "something's seriously missing" bad category.  Two losses is not enough to be a streak, but the losses plus the way they were played is enough to shift me from 'cautiously optimistic' to 'worried but hopeful.'  I hope we pull it together but I'm not very optimistic about this week right now.

Coffee—- I think you and I are VERY similar on this. I am still hopeful, but what I’ve seen so far makes me wonder where the ‘discrepancy’ is. How can we have the talent we have, the “skill position” players, a solid Defense, and yet show little or no “desire” or “fire” to WIN.??
I think we are missing “direction”. We need “leadership” among the players,  AND coaches who are ALL on the same page and who work together. There has to be ONE overriding concern. Being prepared with an all-encompassing desire to win. 
We are NOT there.
This post was last modified: 09-24-2022, 11:46 AM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WEEK 3 THOUGHTS -- AHEAD -- & AFTER - by Hobbit99 - 09-24-2022, 11:45 AM