Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2022, 06:33 PM -
So..... Week 3

Once again, the Defense held the line..... Until late in the game when we went into a STUPID "Prevent" style of Defense. Everyone knows (Well everyone with at least half of a brain..) that late in a game, a loose zone is easily defeated. Why, WHY do coaches do that crap.?? The only thing it accomplishes is letting the OPFOR back in the game.  Anyway, good solid Defense for about 2/3 of the game.  I REALLY liked the QB "pressure" game we instituted. It worked well. Winston was way off his game for a long time. Then we let them come back.....SMH

Offensively, we were just plain offensive. Poor, POOR, POOR. Play calls were not great. Not terrible, but not great.  Our Offense's production was basically the rushing game. If not for ONE play, our passing game was basically invisible. O-Line was not bad overall. Ekwonu seemed ...better..? maybe.?? He needs snaps against quality pass-rushers. Hopefully, he'll get there. Liked the two and three TE sets occasionally. Sent a message.  Mayfield... I don't know.  Cam was wild at times. Usually high. But Mayfield..... Can't hit the broad side of a barn---from the INSIDE with the DOORs CLOSED.!!  I have NEVER seen a #1 QB that averaged less than 50% completions....Until  now.

So, my picks for game balls (If I were giving them out..).

Derrick Brown -- A mauler and very disruptive. AND he knows where the ball is.!!
Frankie Luvu -- AGAIN. This guy is turning into a top-line LB.
Marquise Haynes -- Most Surprising. For a big guy, this dude can move. Surprising straight-line speed.

CMC -- His usual stalwart game. Standard fare for CMC
Laviska Shenault -- Here's a welcome surprise. Nicely done.!!
Johnny Hecker -- Should be obvious why he was the "Punter of the Decade".

Shaq and Chinn played good games as well.

Disappointing.....
Pass completion % = abysmal
3rd down conversions = abysmal (4 of 14) Ugh..
We LOST the yardage game = 426--293
We lost the 1st down battle = 19--12
We lost passing yardage to a QB with 4 (??) broken bones in his spine.

Positives.....
We WON the Turnover battle (3) -- One fumble recovery for a TD. Two interceptions.
First time in a LONG time with a Defensive touchdown and a blocked Field Goal

NOT TOO MUCH TO BE HAPPY ABOUT.  (Oh,  We won the game..)
This post was last modified: 09-25-2022, 06:35 PM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WEEK 3 THOUGHTS -- AHEAD -- & AFTER - by Hobbit99 - 09-25-2022, 06:33 PM