Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

18 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,769 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-25-2022, 10:48 PM -
(09-25-2022, 08:44 PM)coffee Wrote: Agreed with all of that.  You say "if not for one play" about the passing game and you even have to add that the one play was only slightly the pass and mostly the run.  Lotta issues with QB.

Hobbit, you've said all along how unsure you were of Baker being an upgrade over Darnold.  I was with you until preseason and I thought Baker won it.  Now, I'm looking at this ugly win against a team that thinks it's good but hasn't noticed that they lost their HOF QB and their great coach.  I'm thinking of how we started last year with W's against three teams that also didn't realize they were bad yet.  I swear I think we looked better with Darnold in those games than we looked today.  And certainly better than we looked the first two games.

Darnold is boring and safe and then panicky bad when pressured, but wow!  Baker has looked inept for all but a handful of plays.  I sure hope he can start showing us something.  Otherwise, as painful as the idea is, I'll be hoping for Darnold when he gets back from IR.

Brother, I know what you're saying.  Mayfield has some "juice". But he is dreadfully short on KSAs (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities..). I keep hoping, but the reality is so much different. I honestly don't know where Mayfield sits. You're correct about the first three games last year. Darnold looked pretty solid...until we lost CMC and the wheels came off. This year, everything is different. Mayfield is SO scattered. He hasn't performed up to ANY standard, YET.  Just like you, I keep 'hoping'.  Maybe something good will happen....Maybe..??
Huh Fbcry

Messages In This Thread
RE: WEEK 3 THOUGHTS -- AHEAD -- & AFTER THE GAME - by Hobbit99 - 09-25-2022, 10:48 PM