Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,764 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
09-28-2022, 03:22 PM -
(09-28-2022, 09:48 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote:
(09-28-2022, 01:29 AM)Hobbit99 Wrote: OKAY... So we get rid of UDFA Arron Mosby--Linebacker to sign a 5th round rookie to the 53....  Hmmm.. Rolleyes 

Of course, there is no accounting for individual taste. Even if we ARE short of back-up LBs...  Understand, I'm not saying anything bad about Daviyon...

C'est La Vie..!!

Huh? Huh 

Nixon is not a rookie.  He was drafted in the 5th Round of the 2021 NFL Draft.

He actually had a two-interception day vs the Ravens.

Just saying.

And I thought he did okay as a rotational guy.

YES....of course.!!  You posted his info up there ^^^ (post #3), so no doubt you are correct. HOWEVER...I was not referring to his yearly (annual) status. A player can be drafted one year, not play for awhile, and I still consider them a "rookie" even though he had been drafted two years prior... in Nixon's case only ONE year.  So NO, Nixon is not really a rookie. Let's just call him "rookie(esque)." He played a few snaps last year, made one (1) tackle and had a few "assists". So far this year, he's made NO tackles and one "assist". He was also credited with half of a sack last year. 
THIS^^^ before he hurt his knee (or something..??) sometime in October and went to IR.   So, THIS^^^ begs the question: If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear....  Oops...wrong analogy.  ....  If a rookie is drafted, and doesn't play, or plays little, and accomplishes basically nothing or maybe a "wee bit", is moved to IR, and from there to the PS the following year....IS HE STILL A ROOKIE..??

SO...He's actually been "active" for just a few games, and played "just a wee bit."  Sorry, sounds like a 'rookie" to me.  Bag

Two Interceptions = well, really.?? NONE show up in the stats. Pre-season last year, against ???-string guys....I don't know about that 007...  There's a reason pre-season doesn't count for anything...right.??

****In all fairness to you (and Nixon..), your comment made me consider what I had posted...and caused me to do the research to uncover his stat-line. In fact, truthfully, I did not remember the INTs. from last year. I don't believe I even watched that game, although I might have..?? Pre-season games  mean nothing....as you well know. !!!
In any event, I stand corrected.   Worship  I will try to use more EXACT terminology..... Rookie; Rookie-esque; Rookie-like; Rookie-dumb; Rookie-stupid; Rookie-mistake; etc., etc.  Actually it'll be better that way. A built-in excuse for bad play. Who knows how many second and third year players will benefit from my erroneous ways..   Tongue
This post was last modified: 09-28-2022, 03:56 PM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
PANTHERS WAIVE LB ARRON MOSBY - by Hobbit99 - 09-26-2022, 03:26 PM
RE: PANTHERS WAIVE LB ARRON MOSBY - by Hobbit99 - 09-28-2022, 01:29 AM
RE: PANTHERS WAIVE LB ARRON MOSBY - by Hobbit99 - 09-28-2022, 03:22 PM