Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

5 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,036 posts 565 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-05-2022, 01:02 AM -
I started to write my "after" game thoughts several times this week, but nothing seemed appropriate to say, that wasn't at the same time ambiguous or disingenuous.....OR, just plain foul-mouthed or inappropriate.  So I held off hoping my attitude would improve or I could find something hopeful to say.  Sadly that has not been the case.

So, I'll just say this..... So far, this season has been one of the most disheartening, inexplicable times in Panthers history....as far as I'm concerned.  For a team with so much talent, so many good skill-position players, and such a strong Defense, the Panthers ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory is unparalleled since the beginning of Panthers football.  I mean, we've had bad starts. We've had bad finishes. We've had bad seasons...... But always they were sort of expected, .... or understandable at least.  This season was full of hope. We have a strong team with GOOD players. Smiling, hopeful fans in the stadium....perhaps even LOFTY expectations. Was all of that hope and excitement...misplaced.??

I don't know guys.  There's a saying among capitalists and spokespeople for monetary expansionism.... "Expenses will always rise to meet income."  Well, I propose a football corollary......  'This Panthers team will always play down below expectations.'

I propose two questions:
1) WHY is this happening??
and
2) WHAT can we do about it??

After working in the US Army; the manufacturing sector; the retail sector; and Public Education, I learned one very important lesson and always required that lesson be heeded among my hires and employees. The lesson I learned was.. "If you are not part of the solution, You are part of the problem."

So, understanding that lesson, I proposed the two questions up there ^^^.  The lesson requires that you can't answer the first question, without answering the second question.   In other words.... Tell us about the problems, but only if you have a reasoned solution. Complaining about a problem without providing a solution (reasoned and reasonable..) is a waste of time and energy.

Thanks for listening.  Color me a disheartened Panthers fan.
This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 01:07 AM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
RE: WEEK 4 THOUGHTS -- BEFORE -- & AFTER THE GAME - by Hobbit99 - 10-05-2022, 01:02 AM