Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-12-2022, 01:35 PM -
(10-12-2022, 09:15 AM)PantherFan007 Wrote: You have to admit, too, it was a gutsy move of him to be promoted above Phil Snow and in turn fire Phil Snow, who was previously Wilks' boss. 

That's what I call planting your flag in the ground. 

Worship

Gutsy move...??   Well, yes.  It was a gutsy move.........by Tepper.!!  It sort of puts Wilks on the spot though.  Man Up--- Grow a Pair--- Let's See What Ya Got---..  ESPECIALLY considering the class-action lawsuit against the NFL, and the fact that Steve Wilks joined that action as a plaintive. Do you see what I mean.??  What choice did Wilks have.??

Wilks getting rid of Snow (and Foley..) was a foregone conclusion.  Had to happen or the spectre of Rhule would hang around the locker room and cause a lot of grief going forward.  So, "planting your flag...", yes, definitely.  But really, what other option was there available.??

It's a chance for Wilks, but it's a setup too.  Setting him up to fail..... against the toughest competition schedule I've seen in a while.  And without a solid QB to lead the team.  It's going to be "a difficult row..."

I'm pulling for him.  I think he was absolutely the best choice under the circumstances.  Wilks is smart, and tough, he won't take any crap, and he won't quit.  What more could you ask for..??

Messages In This Thread
RE: PANTHERS NEW "INTERIM" HEAD COACH -- STEVE WILKS - by Hobbit99 - 10-12-2022, 01:35 PM