Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

17 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,041 posts 566 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-19-2022, 09:19 PM -
Arriving at Week 7 means we are now just a little more than 1/3 of the way through the regular season. Of course, when the Panthers make the playoffs, the season will extend by a game or two or three..???   Fblaugh Big Grin Biggrin WootSign WootSign

OK, OK.... So I was stretching it a little.....

This initial 7 game stretch is as tough an opening run as I have ever seen for the Panthers.  If not for a game against the Saints and some luck, we would be 0-6 right now. As it is, I project the Panthers to be 1-6 after this game against the Bucs.  Then we face the Falcons twice and the Bengals once. Ordinarily, I would say that we had a decent chance against those guys. However, I don't want to OVERstate our capabilities or make it seem like we are better prepared than we are.

Actually, the Falcons have stepped up their game a little. Their "new" QB, Marcus Mariota, is starting to come alive. In fact, he was pronounced the NFC Offensive Player Of The Week.  So.....the Falcons are not going to be a walk-over. In fact, if we were to win ONE of those two games, I would be happy, and pleasantly surprised.  The Bengals are a bit of a quandary. They're 3-3 (like the Falcons..), and certainly have the capability to win some more games. I don't know where in the Power Rankings the Bengals reside, but they are WAY above us. I am hopeful, but my expectations (reality-based..) are such that the Panthers have but a VERY SLIM chance to prevail.

So after the next four games I believe we MIGHT have one more win (maybe..). If we do, it will be against the Falcons at home. So after the first 10 games are in the bag, I expect the Panthers to be 2-8 (or maybe 1-9..).

Haven't said much about the Bucs game this week. There's a reason for that.  Joker Fbcry

YOUR TURN.....
This post was last modified: 10-19-2022, 09:22 PM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
WEEK 7 THOUGHTS -- BEFORE & AFTER THE GAME - by Hobbit99 - 10-19-2022, 09:19 PM