Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,036 posts 565 threads Joined: Dec 2019
01-17-2020, 11:42 PM -
Looks like you guys think think the Chiefs will "out" the Titans.... It's not difficult to believe that. I hear ya...

If I had to pick a 'vulnerable' team this week, it would be the Titans....and to a lesser degree, the Packers. However, Let me say this about that....

Everyone had written off the Titans before the playoffs had begun. No one gave them a chance early on (including me...). But I am slowly coming around to believing in this Cinderella team. They went on the road to Foxboro and took on the Patriots as a wild card. Everyone LAUGHED.!! That game was going to be a NON-event. Brady and the Pats would pick them apart and they would head back to Tennessee at the head of the 'loser' list. But the Titans didn't listen. Didn't buy in to the "just show up" mentality. They stormed into NE, kicked ass, and sent the vaunted Patriots to the showers with their heads hanging.  Last week, the Titans took on the #1 ranked team in all of the NFL. NO ONE gave them a chance against a 14-2 Ravens team. A real powerhouse of a team. And with the game in Baltimore, the Titans chances were LESS than zero, Right??  Well. we all saw what happened there.  SO.... Two mammoth playoff wins against two powerhouse teams, back to back, ON THE ROAD.!!  Now the non-believers are saying "well, they CAN'T beat the Chiefs--on the road."  REALLY..???  Well, believe me, If they can beat the TITANS, they can beat the Chiefs.!!  And, I think they will.!!  NO, I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it, but I won't bet against them either.

Now the 49ers game is a question. If this game was in GB, I would favor the Packers. But in SF...no way. Two consecutive weeks, back to back, GB travels to the west coast. They won in Seattle, but it was NOT convincing. Yes, they looked good for 30 minutes. And 'OK' for another 15. But The 'Hawks came back and it ended up being a close thing. Now the Pack has to travel once again to the west coast, on a 'short' week, into a potential buzzsaw. Two weeks, back to back, long travel times, potential delays, NO home field, NO friendly environs, NO 'normal' bad weather/snow. I don't think GB has another game like last week left in them. Straight up, these teams are pretty closely matched. I just don't think GB can overcome the DISadvantage of having to travel and play AGAIN on the west coast. This is the 49ers game to lose.....

OF COURSE:  I could be wrong.....

Messages In This Thread
CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS.!!! - by Hobbit99 - 01-17-2020, 04:29 AM
RE: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS.!!! - by Hobbit99 - 01-17-2020, 12:12 PM
RE: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS.!!! - by iiwii - 01-17-2020, 05:59 PM
RE: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS.!!! - by Firstchance - 01-17-2020, 06:23 PM
RE: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS.!!! - by Hobbit99 - 01-17-2020, 11:42 PM
RE: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS.!!! - by Firstchance - 01-18-2020, 11:41 AM
RE: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS.!!! - by Hobbit99 - 01-18-2020, 09:46 PM
RE: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS.!!! - by Hobbit99 - 01-20-2020, 11:01 AM
RE: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS.!!! - by Firstchance - 01-20-2020, 04:30 PM