Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

10 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,041 posts 566 threads Joined: Dec 2019
10-26-2022, 07:47 PM -
Week 8 is upon us (week 7 is history---have to forget and move forward..).  The Falcons are 3-4 this season and the Panthers are 2-5. QB Marcus Mariota has already won an "Offensive Player of the Week" this year, and seems to be settling down and improving. The Panthers QBs = "Who Knows".??

PJ Walker is due to start again this week. That makes me happy, considering the state of our QB room. Wilks seemed to think that Mayfield would be the backup behind Walker. So, that means that Jacob Eason will rotate back and resume his place on the Practice Squad. Sure would have liked to see a few more 'reps' for Eason...

So, we are now almost half-way into the season....into the "middle third" so to speak. We have won two games, both against NFC-South Division teams. (What a shock..)  I think everyone will agree, last week was a COMPLETE surprise. No one could have predicted that....

So, two of the next three games are against the Atlanta Falcons. Broken up in the middle with a game against the Bengals. The next two games are on the road. First at Atlanta on Sunday, then at Cincinnati against the Bengals. THEN a short week before we play the Falcons again on Thursday at home.  There is NOTHING about this string of three games that makes me feel confident.  The Falcons in Atlanta-- SMDH-- We have a terrible record in Atlanta. All-time against the Falcons the Panthers are 20-34. We're close at B of A (12-15..) but we're 8-19 at Atlanta.  The Bengals this season are a bit of an enigma. They lost their first two games against Pittsburgh and Dallas, both games by 3 points. Then they lost one more against the Ravens by 2 points. So, three losses by a combined total of 8 points...... Hmmm.... Joe Burrow has finally decided to "turn-on" the QB faucet too. Last week against the Falcons, the Bengals had 537 Total NET Yards..... AND Burrow went off for 481 Passing Yards.  YES... YOU READ THAT RIGHT.

I don't know Guys and Gals. Even though this is supposed to be a bit easier than the opening 7 games....... It doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.!!
This post was last modified: 10-27-2022, 08:12 AM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
WEEK 8 THOUGHTS --- BEFORE & AFTER THE GAME - by Hobbit99 - 10-26-2022, 07:47 PM