Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

12 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-05-2022, 12:05 PM -
So.... How does it look this week..???  Week 9 opened up with the Panthers as a 9 point "dog". The week has slowly progressed to the point where the odds are slowly moving a tiny bit and the 'vision' of the sports betters has clarified. 

As of this morning (Saturday..), the line has the Panthers at +7 instead of +9. So the rush away from Carolina toward the Bengals has moderated a little as the game time draws closer. Along with the spread, the Over/Under has changed slightly as well. Right now, according to CBS Sportsline the O/U is sitting at 42.5...... And the moneyline shows Cincinnati at -345 and Carolina at +270.  So, what does all of that mean..?? Truthfully, I don't know. The last couple of weeks I have tried to interpret the "odds" and make 'test bets' according to what I'm seeing. The only thing I've learned is that "you just can't tell" what is going to happen. Hence my general apathy toward sports betting.  That, plus the fact I don't really have enough "undesignated capital" to risk on a serious bet tends to suppress my eagerness to do so.

My general opinion is that our Panthers don't have enough "lead in our pencil" to make the Bengals bend to our wishes.  So, I'm thinking the Bengals win this one at their 'home' field by 7-10 points. O/U = ???? (who knows..).

Messages In This Thread
RE: WEEK 9 THOUGHTS -- BEFORE & AFTER THE GAME - by Hobbit99 - 11-05-2022, 12:05 PM