Time to start talking college QB’s
Started by Firstchance

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

6 posts in this topic
Firstchance

716 posts 81 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-18-2022, 02:10 PM -
If Drake is a 10 and Michael is a 9 then Hooker comes in as an 8 and I actually had him closer to an 8.5 before the Bama game. His performance was not as good in that game but his surrounding teammates were off much more than he was, including several drop passes. But he also didn’t “see the field” as well as he should have. Still he has the size, the arm strength and pretty good accuracy. And he throws the out pattern with accuracy as well as anyone. Is mobile but panics a little when the pocket breaks down, see the Bame game. He is very mobile and run hard when he needs to. So far like the two about him, he seems to take a hit and keeps going. He possesses that leadership factor better than Penix but that may have to do with what I believe this is his 5th year, even if not all with UT. He throws pretty well off the run when the pocket breaks down and he can get outside, still has a little issue in stepping up though. He sometimes stares down a receiver unlike Penix and he is normally good for his first and second reads, Penix on the other hand can easily go one two three and even four. This will have to change at the next level for Hooker to ever be a starter.

C J Stroud. Now he really has me rubbing my eyes. Early on I felt like he was the best QB that would be available in this years draft. Everything was pretty good with the exception on his accuracy on short range passes, even screen like passes. He has arm strength and can throw outside the numbers. Early on he was so accurate outside the numbers and mid range and long downfield. His last two game though… wow he has not even been close. Very inaccurate, not making reads, not making good decisions. I could give him one game but two straight. And his throws have been high, talking about getting your receiver killed. Runs well, manages well. Shows good leadership. I know one game, the Northwestern game, had some heavy winds but he was horrible both into and down wind. Picked it back up last week but still not very accurate. We will have to see how he finishes out. Or I will. Lol.
This post was last modified: 11-18-2022, 02:23 PM by Firstchance.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Time to start talking college QB’s - by Firstchance - 11-18-2022, 02:10 PM