Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

3,048 posts 569 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-19-2022, 02:15 PM -
As mentioned earlier, the Panthers are invading Baltimore this week. The Ravens are at 6-3 and are leading their division (AFC North..). The Ravens should be well rested this week as they are coming off of their Bye week. Lamar Jackson was listed as "Illness", but Coach Harbaugh said he is fine and will play. The Ravens Injury report showed three players listed with a 'status' for the game (not counting Lamar Jackson who will definitely play..). TE Mark Andrews and RB Gus Edwards are listed as 'Questionable' but have practiced fully this week. That leaves only CB Jalyn Armour-Davis who is listed as 'Doubtful'. Depending on the weather of course, that means Jackson should be ready and complete with his selection of "weapons" for the game.  That bodes well for Baltimore, but sadly, not so well for the Panthers.

Because of the location (Baltimore..) and the weather (C O L D..), it would seem that the game could come down to the team who has the best running game AND who best defends against the run. Jackson is currently #2 QB in the league with over 600 yards rushing, second only to Justin Fields. His YPC is #1 at almost 7 1/2 yds per carry. In fact he leads all rushers with at least 50 carries.  The Panther Defense will have their hands full.....

According to CBS Sports, the Ravens are favored by a healthy 13 points, with the Over-Under at 41.5.  Those numbers seem reasonable to me, with the O/U maybe just a tad too low. If I were a betting man (which all of you know, I am NOT..), I would bet the Over. My guess would place the total closer to 47.

This is another one of those games which could really fool you. Depending on how "ready" the Ravens are, it could turn out to be a "laugher". OR...If they're a tad OVERconfident, the Panthers could squeak out a victory IF our Defense can keep Jackson bottled up a little.  Still..... I think the Ravens win this game handily.
Fbcry

Messages In This Thread
RE: WEEK 11 THOUGHTS -- BEFORE & AFTER THE GAME - by Hobbit99 - 11-19-2022, 02:15 PM