Started by Hobbit99

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

9 posts in this topic
Hobbit99
Posting Freak

2,770 posts 503 threads Joined: Dec 2019
11-26-2022, 10:36 AM -
Well, the word is out. Rhule lasted less than two months on the market, as Nebraska has apparently hired him to coach and revamp their football program. This is a step UP (in size..) for Rhule after leading Temple and Baylor through successful rebuilds. The word about Nebraska has been slowly circulating, quietly (mostly..), for awhile. Officially now--- Univ. of Nebraska just tweeted out Rhule's hiring 26 min ago... So, that would have been around 10:00 A.M. Eastern time.

I'm sure the Panthers will be monitoring the monetary aspects of the new contract. Rhule's old contract with the Panthers apparently has an "escape" clause that modifies the remaining balance on his Panthers contract 'dollar for dollar' with his new contract. Important because the Panthers still owe about 40 Mil to Rhule. So depending on the remuneration from Nebraska, the Panthers stand to save quite a few bucks.

EDIT NOTE: I may have interpreted that contract information incorrectly. The Panther's contract MAY represent a 'Buy-Down' for Nebraska, offsetting some of their contract money. If so, Nebraska is getting a good deal on the money end. Rhule's new contract with Nebraska is for eight years.  I will try to figure it out.. although "high finance" is beyond my understanding. My $4.63 bank balance at the end of the month counts as a success to me.

I'm sure we will hear a lot more about this in the coming days, but for now here are a couple of links to get you started.

PANTHERS WIRE:  Nebraska Hires Rhule & What It Means

THE ATHLETIC:  Nebraska--Rhule... It's Official
This post was last modified: 11-27-2022, 09:39 AM by Hobbit99.

Messages In This Thread
MATT RHULE-- WILL HE (??.) YES HE WILL.... HELLO, CORNHUSKERS - by Hobbit99 - 11-26-2022, 10:36 AM